A Conversation for Practical method of measuring wind velocity.

Peer Review: A2076680 - Practical method of measuring wind velocity.

Post 1

GravityModem

Entry: Practical method of measuring wind velocity. - A2076680
Author: GravityModem - U536930

I imagine this would best fit in the "Practical Life Job Aids" section of the "GUIDE".

A2076680 - Practical method of measuring wind velocity.

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - erm

So just how intrusive would a 50 KPH wind be, then?

Post 3

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

There is already an Edited Guide entry on wind speed.

A876864

Although you have an interesting variation I am not sure it is suitable for an entry on its own right. It is a good idea to search the existing entries before submitting your thoughts.

Welcome to H2G2 or as we say here HooToo, I am sure I will be reading many more interesting entries from your account. smiley - cheers

F smiley - shark S

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

It's certainly different though, so it might be possible to make something of it.

Post 5

Pimms

Hi GravityModem smiley - smiley

I found this entry made me smiley - smiley. It is well set out with quite clear points.

For a text style entry (as opposed to GuideML which isn't essential pre sub editing) the best way to put headings is in normal sentence case (not capitals), and distinguish them instead by putting a space before and after them.

However despite this I am not sure this entry quite fits the <./>Writing Guidelines</.> - a bit too whimsical, rather than offering well-grounded practical advice as it purports to. Certainly worth adding a mention to this entry as a new conversation on the Beaufort entry - you may get some more useful feedback, and it will be read by others who are interested in imagining your tarpaulin difficulties smiley - laugh

Pimms smiley - mistletoe

Post 6

Dozdim145651

maybe if it does get in the guide,at the moment i would say it wont...

You need spacing,its a big block.....

main things you need to work on are paragraphs,new lines,explain what you are talking about,if you arent using guideml then its easy to space out.

But the main issue is,it is very short.

Try and make it l,onger...with links to weather sites or something?

Post 7

Cyzaki

The author has left the building - flea market?

smiley - panda

Post 8

Pimms

Again I'd suggest Back to Entry rather than Flea Market - I don't think the amount of information here can be easily adapted into a workable EG entrysmiley - erm

Pimms smiley - stout scout

Post 9

Cyzaki

Ok, fair enough! Can you do the e-mail?

smiley - panda

Post 10

Pimms

Well I've tried to send it smiley - erm. If you don't see it pop up soon please send message yourself.

Pimms (I have tried to adjust for my own revised email address with Yahoo, but it may not be accepting still)

Post 11

Cyzaki

I'll do it anyhoo - better it appears twice than not at all!

smiley - panda

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Practical method of measuring wind velocity.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more