This is the Message Centre for Websailor

HAPPY EASTER LESSON

Post 1

Websailor

Here in the UK the weather is glorious and trees and flowers are blossoming all around in spite of the doom and gloom of recession etc. Nigel sent me this and I just had to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m7oU

It only takes a minute but it really makes you think.

Take care,

smiley - cheers
Websailor smiley - dragon

HAPPY EASTER LESSON

Post 2

Milla, h2g2 Operations

smiley - cheers

smiley - towel

HAPPY EASTER LESSON

Post 3

scorp

Congratulations to Nigel - that was wonderful and it certainly does make you think! Give him my regards. x

HAPPY EASTER LESSON

Post 4

Deb

I'm diabetic and at the moment it's not terribly well controlled. This means somewhere down the line there's a real risk to my eyesight. It's always there in the back of my mind, how hard it would be to cope with the practicalities of life without sight, but that video just brought it home to me that it's not only about seeing where you're going or watching TV, it's about seeing the daffodils nodding in the breeze or waves crashing on the shore. Or rather not being able to.

I probably ought to watch this video daily.

Deb smiley - cheerup

HAPPY EASTER LESSON

Post 5

scorp

Keep with us Deb smiley - hug

HAPPY EASTER LESSON

Post 6

SusanDoris

Hello Websailor

What a lovely surprise to see your HappyEaster greeting in my 'My Discussions' page - thank you. All best wishes to you, too. It is certainly a lovely weekend and I did my long walk earlier today, withhearing aids on full strength, so that I could listen to all the bird song clearly! I am now fairly sure of what a goldfinch souns like, but I'd like very much to hear a Willow Warbler.

Deb: If ever you do find your sight failing, please do contact me and I'll help all I can. (I am lucky to have peripheral vision.)

HAPPY EASTER LESSON

Post 7

Websailor

Glad you all enjoyed it. I really didn't know what to expect but certainly not that, it brought tears to my eyes.

I have listened to a lot of blind people on the radio lately, and there seems to be one comfort about losing your sight later in life - you do actually know what colours, flowers, things look like.

Deb, store up as many happy sights in your memory as you can and appreciate every day. May it never happen to you, but if it does I know some wonderful people who cannot see but still enjoy a full life.

smiley - goodluck and smiley - cheers everyone.

HAPPY EASTER LESSON

Post 8

Deb

Thanks Websailor & SusanDoris for those kind words. I know it really is in my hands and that video just reminded me why sight is so special.

Easter - as good a time as any to try giving up chocolate!

Deb smiley - cheerup

HAPPY EASTER LESSON

Post 9

Websailor

Deb, I'm trying smiley - smiley Had none this Easter smiley - applause though I fed some to my granddaughter to her delight.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Websailor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more