A Conversation for Stuff

Stuff the confusion

Post 1

Frogcatcher

The difference between stuff and things has probabaly been lost. Cave people had things not stuff. A shell, a rock, were things, as they had a purpose (known or unknown) a meaning (also known or unknown) and or an intention to know there origin, meaning or use. The problem with stuff is that it is just stuff. There is a lot of stuff on my desk and it will remain stuff untill such time as I a) bin it as then it is rubish, b) use it, as the it will be a so and so document. So is stuff anything with no origin, meaning or use? err well no not quiet. Stuff is many things. Stuff is an excuse because we don't know what it is. Stuff is a name to what we don't understand, Stuff is a title to that that has no purpose, stuff is a cover for that that we don't want to have to justify.

And to that ends all this is just stuff.

Love Fc

Stuff the confusion

Post 2

wide_inside

Quite a lot of my things are just stuff. Could this not be the same for cave men?

wide

Stuff the confusion

Post 3

Chrome

It seems to me that stuff is the substance that things are composed of.

Stuff the confusion

Post 4

Base 13

For more information on the subject of stuff, consult George Carlin's "A Place For My Stuff"
smiley - nahnah

Stuff the confusion

Post 5

Squash Monster

Or is stuff something that both stuff and things and stuff are made of?

Person 1: "This thing is made of stuff."
Person 2: "And what things are in this stuff?"
Person 1: "It seems that the stuff this stuff is made of is also stuff."

Stuff the confusion

Post 6

stella x

Chrome,

Spot on. "Stuff" is the fabric of the universe.

This is such stuff as dreams are made on.

Stella X.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more