Its my first attempt at an entry but i think i've covered the guidelines

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 2

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

A good first entry, Txreme741. smiley - smiley

I'd be inclined to amend the title so that it reflects what he is eg:

Roy Buchanan: Blues Guitarist

You could use some links in this. Maybe:

http://www.roybuchanan.com/ - which also has a sound clip.

http://www.alligator.com/artists/bio.cfm?ArtistID=011

There are a couple of places where you need capital letters, which are missing.

Also, the discography looks a little untidy. It might be better to list them on separate rows, rather than as a block.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 3

Extreme741

Ok i think i've changed everything you mentioned

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 4

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Looking good, Extreme741 (notice I got your name right this time!). smiley - smiley

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 5

Extreme741

Cheers so whats going to happen now?

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 6

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Well, other Researchers may come along and make some comments. The entry has to stay in Peer Review for a minimum of seven days before it's pickable by a Scout, in which case, it'll to to the italics (BBC employees) for a decision as to whether it's suitable for entry into the Edited Guide. If it is, you'll be sent an e-mail and people on the thread will be notified that the entry has been recommended. Then it'll go to a Sub-Editor for polishing work, before eventually appearing on the <./>FrontPage</.> for your moment of glory.

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 7

Cyzaki

You need to get rid of the 'Personally...' bit at the end, or change it into a quote like the others.

smiley - panda

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 8

Extreme741

Well grudgingly i see the point in changing the personally but. The way i've changed it is the best way I could think of. One point i'd like to know of other peoples opinions of is whether the discography should be bulleted or not.
Sorry to raise all these minor points but i'd like to get this entry done well so that I can use it as a template for future entries.

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 9

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I've just done some checking of the entry, and I see it isn't in approved GuideML, which it needs to be for entry in the guide. See A264520.

As far as the discography is concerned, it's probably OK as it is. If you want to make it prettier, you could consider bulleting it.

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 10

McKay The Disorganised

The contents good - that'll do for me. smiley - ok

smiley - cider

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 11

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Yes, I agree about the content, however as scouts, we were told that we shouldn't pick them if the GuideML is iffy. smiley - whistle

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 12

McKay The Disorganised

Aaaahh - but I'm not a scout. I'm not even a cub.

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 13

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

A beaver then? smiley - winkeye

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 14

frenchbean

Hello Extreme741 smiley - smiley

This is really well written 741. He's certainly unknown to me, but perhaps not for much longer smiley - smiley

It's a shame that the crits are at the end in the section. It wasn't until I got there that I began to get a feel for his music, because while the rest is well-written and factually correct - I assume - it doesn't give much feel for the style of the man's music.

I'd have those crits in the body of the text and not at the end. The discography would be fine at the end.

Perhaps you could put something in about why he was spotted and signed up for Polydor? What was it about his playing that grabbed them?

Similarly, it'ld be interesting to know who his influences were - and who he in turn influenced. Because he's such an unknown, if you can mention some better known blues guitarists/musicians he had links to, it'ld give a better idea of the style and feel of his music.

Does that make sense? smiley - erm

You say that hanging himself may not have been the full story... so what is the speculation? Without elaborating on that statement, it's a hanging comment, with no meaning really - in my humble opinion smiley - run

smiley - cheers
F/b

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 15

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi F/b! smiley - laughI think I'd just washed my hands - couldn't do a thing with them! smiley - winkeye My version was funnier than yours, though!

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 16

Extreme741

Not too sure what i've done wrong with the guideml i tried putting everything in caps i.e instead of and moved the references to where i think its supposed to go apart from that don't see the difference between it and approved guideml.
As for Frenchbeans comments i'll deal with as much of it as i can. But i'm not sure i'll be able to find too much info. It'll probably be just a matter of what i can remember hearing about him in other peoples bios.

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 17

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

If you've amended to all caps, it should be OK. I've not had another look, but I will. smiley - run

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 18

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

smiley - cheers Looking fine now! Let us know when you've made amendments in line with F/b's comments, and hopefully it will be ready to rock and roll! smiley - oksmiley - smiley

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 19

McKay The Disorganised

There is no real evidence regarding Roy Buchanan's death. It was just felt strange that a man happy in his family life, successful materially, and professionally, should suddenly hang himself for being found drunk.

In theory you should not be able to hang yourself in a police-cell - it just seems a little strange.

Regarding his style.... I suppose its the clarity of his playing that stands out - like he playing each note individually - I'm not really into his style, but you can just hear his class.

smiley - cider

A1915030 - Roy Buchanan

Post 20

Extreme741

Ok i think i've put in an appropiate amount of info now.

Key: Complain about this post