A Conversation for A recipe using tofu

Peer Review: A1908092 - A tofu recipe

Post 1

craftidiot

Entry: A tofu recipe - A1908092
Author: craftidiot - U517480

Here's a quick & easy recipe for tofu that I came up with recently. It seems a lot of people can't think of much to do with tofu so I hope this might inspire you.

A1908092 - A tofu recipe

Post 2

Z

Hi, I did like this recipe and I think I'll give it a go..

If this is going to be in the EG it does need to be in the third person. Perhaps this needs a bit more detail? could you elaborate on things a bit?

A1908092 - A tofu recipe

Post 3

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

For a recipe in the EG we would need specific quantities - ie how much tofu? a medium, small or large onion etc

Also, how many would the recipe serve?

Personally even though i have been a veggie for 17 years, i have never yet had a tofu recipe that has enticed me into making it. So I am interested to in this from a personal point of view smiley - winkeye

But a good start smiley - ok

A1908092 - A tofu recipe

Post 4

Cyzaki

The title confused me - it's not a recipe for tofu, it's a recipe using tofu... and another thing, what is tofu?

smiley - panda

A1908092 - A tofu recipe

Post 5

Sea Change

I don't much like tofu, but I was fascinated by the idea that tofu was something that you could make yourself, because I don't know what's in it either.

A1908092 - A tofu recipe

Post 6

Pimms

Crafti - sounds quite tasty smiley - smiley

As far as expanding the entry, how about a link to:

A182620 Tofu - doesn't tell you how to make it at home, but does expand on what it is. On which point, there being a number of varieties (and consistencies) of tofu that can be purchased it might be worth being a bit more specific with your ingredients, as someone else has already pointed out.smiley - ok

Pimms smiley - mistletoe

A1908092 - A tofu recipe

Post 7

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

I was always under the impression that tofu itself had very little taste of it's own but was a great bulking agent and filler, that correctly seasoned, flavoured or mixed with other ingrediants was quite bearable.

I confess the only time i have had it was in a commercially produced pie - chicken and mushroom but tofu was the chicken substitue and it didnt revolt me. (I have a very sensitive palte and am intolerant of stong spicy, highly flavoured food) So it must have been in a very basic format for me to eat it, just something to fill a pie i guess.

A1908092 - A tofu recipe

Post 8

Cyzaki

Craftidot seems to have left the building - flea market do we think?

smiley - panda

A1908092 - A tofu recipe

Post 9

Geggs

I would say so, yes.

I'll send the email.

Geggs

A1908092 - A tofu recipe

Post 10

PhantomObserver

I'd like to take a crack at rescuing this.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more