This is the Message Centre for Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

answer to question to answer to question to answer................

Post 1

cinnic

Hi administrator, no need for capitals here is there! My name is nic, known as cinnic on h2g2. I am new to the site though I have been searching for a vessel simular to h2g2 for a long time. What I need most is help, as we all do I guess?? I am trying to tease and free the people around me from their society nurtured shackles of greed and explotation and allow their pure hearts to rule their lives. I have a vision that if we are to envisage that we are all equal and at the bottom of a ruling system (society say) and that here everyone is equal, and happy to be, then we can climb to the top of this social system together attaining self actualisation together.
Whilst talking to friends about this they see the positives this Utopia would bring but can't see how to make it happen.
This has resulted in many a collision with my head against the proverbial brick wall for many years now and seemed pointless until on one such bang (a big one at that) I actually managed to knock some sense into my head-Empowerment came the vision!!
What I strive to achive is a marketing company that facilitates and utilises people's greed as the catalist for its expansion useing the basis of pyramid selling for its structure(yeah yeah pyramids again) but the Profits-turnover will go straight to the the local community fund.
For example the first client (this is a real secured client) donating £100 per product sold with this marketing company. (I reckon that 1 in 15 people can become potential customers for just this particular product). The aim is then to become a marketing company for other companys products advertising their goods on the webpage that my company operates. Here's the tricky bit, the webpage needs to self generates like h2g2, with no boss at the top, in fact no bosses at all just internet voting and opinions. In fact, I am employed in a company happy being humble at the bottom of an engineering firm cleaning and making tea (I could be earning 40k!!). Companies coming into the site agree to give up a percentage of their profit from each customer who mentions the site when purchasing their product and this percentage is represented proportionately as advertising space or time. That way if they get no customers from the site they don't pay any money!! The public can then access the site to get the things they require eg, chat, gossip, public information.
Example1
Tracy and her three collegues live 2 miles apart but work at the same building 10 miles away. They have tried car share schemes in the past but these have failed as Tracy who lives furthest away always ends up doing all the driving, whilst the other two chat and relax. In the pub one night they work out that combined they spend over £160 a week on fuel, due mainly to congestion induced traffic jams. They decide to post an e-mail requesting a taxi to pick them up and drive them to work and home again in the evening.
The site then advertises for a driver and agrees payment from the fund. Tracy and her friends have agreed to donate £30 each per week (saving £10 each)
Stan the main man in taxis has just seen the advert and replies that he can do that (he thinks that about £10 an hour!)
The community then points out to Stan that if he converts his petrol taxi to dual fuel lpg, he can save 50% on his weekly fuel costs and reduce toxic emmissions over this trip by 90% from his taxi and that if he does this, the fund will pay him £15 per hour.
Benefits to community:-
Tracy and friends enjoy relaxed chauffered drive to and from work whilst saving £10 each per week.
Congestion is reduced by 3 cars on their usual route to work so theoretically they get to work quicker!
Toxic emissions are reduced by 4x100% toxic pollution cars being replaced by 1x10% emmission taxi
Asthma rates fall slightly
Parking around their workplace is freed up
Tracy and friends no longer need to be two car families.

Example2
Mrs Jones, single mother, ex drug user, unemployed wants to decorate her damp bed sit in time for her daughter's second birthday, she sends an e-mail for the request which goes to public net user vote (someone wanting something for free-eg of no benifit to the community would be voted for least) and is voted in or out according to the communities feelings.
Bob the builder and decorater who has been out of work for three months sees the advert and replies stating he would only be too happy to do the job for £15 per hour.

Example3
Tracy from example one is married to Bob the Builder and has a 2 year old son whom Bob used to look after three days a week before he started work again as a result of the commmunity scheme. She posts another advert asking for a child minder. Mrs Jones from example 2 has a NVQ3 in childcare but due to her history and circumstances finds she can not work but she replies anyway thinking-whats the point?
The community suggests that she should be given a chance as we all need a second chance and anyway Bob's there to keep an eye on things as all builders do! She gets paid £15 per hour for the child minding.

So from you I require some help with directing some people to design a site like h2g2 to set up a parallel site for this community scheme which could potentially merge in with h2g2 in the future. The site would eventually call for smart cards and replace cash and always be working always from the bottom up, empowering others to empower others. The potential is endless and scary which is why I can't run it alone for fear of personal greed!!

For more info or to call me crazy please e-mail me at:-
[email protected]

Thanks for your time xx

Post 2

Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

Something tells me that what you need isn't a custom-built web site, it's a way to use and publicize existing forums, and a bunch of people to use them. Yahoo already has groups where the members can write posts and vote on resolutions.

Happy building!

Post 3

cinnic

thanks for your input, seems like you know the know as it were, as you can imagine I am very busy setting up fund raising schemes, could I possibily empower you to find the forums for me/us? Let me know if you want a donation of any kind to assisst you!

Post 4

Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

For free, I'll tell you, try yahoo.com (or yahoo.uk if that sounds better to you). For beer money, I'll set up a forum there, if you'll answer these questions:

1. Can you describe your proposal in one paragraph, to go in the forum description? Frankly, your initial description was so long, it scared me.

2. How about in one sentence, to go in a summary? Like "Sellers can advertise here; buyers can look for discounts here"?

3. How about in one line, to go in the title? Like "Swap Club"?

Or do I miss the whole point of your proposal?

One thing I can't really do, is advertise your forum. From my own experience, it pays to mention other people's forums in your own, then post in these forums to get their attention. If you're lucky, a few people will reciprocate.

In any case, good luck.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more