This is the Message Centre for Fate Amenable To Change

Yuletide Greetings

Post 1

Fate Amenable To Change

Well. It's what.. the 18th today so erm.. 7 days exactly till xmas day. Hopefully in one weeks time I shall be stuffed on Turkey and Xmas Pud, sherry and wine and be settling down to watch ah.. perhaps I'll be doing the washing up then, but I'll be watching Bjorn Againlater on in the day.
I have sent out all my xmas cards, bought one gift.. so.. fun week for me eh.. last minite shopping oh Joy.
What else. Blur were fab and the H2G2 Xmas Get together was a good time.
If we don't get (a) invaded by aliens (b) prophets (c) computer viruses I wish all who visit here a happy and life affirming new year. Here's looking towards 2000.

Yuletide Greetings

Post 2

Zed

Um, I am always curious. What >does< 'life-affirming' actually mean? Does it mean making your life more firm? Like, setting it in concrete? smiley - smiley

H&K
Z

Yuletide Greetings

Post 3

Fate Amenable To Change

Derrrrr... Aff --ffirming not A - firming Derrr
Means that you feel as if there is a Reason to life..

Yuletide Greetings

Post 4

Frizzychick

Christmas - a reason to lie : "yes, grannie it is a lovely jumper and I shall wear it to work the first chance I get"

Seasonal greetings to you, Zedley et al.

Yuletide Greetings

Post 5

Zed

I'm confusered by your answer Fate. The reason to live is >always< to prove that you are not dead. That's not a flip answer BTW!

Frizzychick - oh no! You get more jumpers too eh?

H&K
Z

Yuletide Greetings

Post 6

Fate Amenable To Change

Yuletide greetings to you Frizzychick!
I don't get jumpers I get repulsive toiletries... That get taken to charity shops in the New Year.. oh well smiley - smiley
And you live to show you are not dead? Hmm.. more like you are alive so you are not dead.
And Life affirming.. giving life a meaning / giving life meaning. "you are not dead" is a fact it is not a meaning. Any clearer??

Yuletide Greetings

Post 7

Zed

I live to prove to me that I'm not dead, and that I havn't wasted my life.

Life affirming is timing your overtakes to within 1 second of the target turning right. (And no, I wasn't practising that when I broke my arm!)

H&K
Z

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Fate Amenable To Change

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more