A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

What's happened to the h2g2 fun places

Post 1

The lost

Many moons ago when I was knee high to a grass hopper (if I'm perfectly honest I'm not much taller now &#128533smiley - winkeye h2g2 had many places that were fun little clubs and role-playing games that now seem very dusty and unloved and seemingly forgotten by its members.

Where did everyone go?😢

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Some of us were processed into little chunks of Soylent Green smiley - evilgrin.

Some abandoned us for Facebook, little realizing that FB was going to provide private data about them to Russia's dastardly political operatives who wanted to subvert the American electoral process.

Some of us passed away.

Some of us grew up and got so busy with jobs and dating (or marriage and children) that there wan't time for H2G2.

Some of us were here as long as Douglas Adams's books were new and trendy. When something newer and trendier came along, they left for greener pastures.

Post 3

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

And some of us are back again!

Hi Paul. Hi Lost.

Alecsmiley - clown

Post 4

The lost

Hi Paul and Alec

Yes the whole, job, marriage, baby thing happened to me.

Now I'm back and there's been a mad exodus :-0 Do you think they knew I was coming :-$

Post 5

Bluebottle

You can always try going back to some of the places you enjoyed role-playing in and see if anyone joins in again? smiley - towel

<BB<

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

Yes smiley - towel

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that there is less appetite for role play on the internet these days (perhaps because people spend more time on social media pretending to be the people other people think they are, or for various other reasons...) but I've certainly joined in on more than one myself over the years A87825829smiley - biggrin

Post 7

The lost

Thanks guys I'll give it a whirl

Post 8

And you might discover new things that might not have interested you earlier. Dmitri has been on my case to read "The Post" regularly, and I'm starting to like it. Just don't ask if I understand much of it smiley - biggrin.

Post 9

The lost

The post is a bit of swings and roundabouts, but I suppose it's quite a task to please all of the people all of the time. smiley - winkeye

Post 10

The thing is, if there's something you would like to start a thread about,let the rest of know, and we'll see if we have two cents' worth to add. We love to talk about things here. smiley - smiley

Post 11

The lost

Crumbs, don't encourage me to talk, I've not got the good manners to know when to stop! smiley - rofl

Post 12

That makes you perfect for this place. smiley - smiley

Post 13

The lost

Goodness I've never been called perfect before.

Well apart from my son but I think he might be a bit bias smiley - winkeye

Post 14

Either your son isn't a teenager yet, or he's thirty or above. Teenagers don't seem to see much perfection anywhere. smiley - winkeye

Post 15

The lost

He is a teenager but we seem to have none of the normal teenage angst. Well at least for now. I hope he's not saving it all up to blast us in one go!

Post 16

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - wow and, of course... some of us, just never managed to lave smiley - laughsmiley - weirdsmiley - zensmiley - boingsmiley - zen

Post 17

bobstafford

Just what we need smiley - cheers

Post 18

The lost

It's just as well 2legs, I left and lost all memory of who I was. smiley - wah

I think I'm at that age where I just forget stuff. I'm forced to write notes on bits of paper, then I either lose the note or can't understand what the abbreviated note was about in the first place.

Post 19

Or, worse, misread our shopping lists and get banes instead of beans.

Post 20

The lost

I start with good intentions, make a list in the morning then go about my chores. Go to supermarket to find I've forgotten the list! I truly believe that this comes from working with teenagers day in day out. It kills brain cells on an unprecedented scale.

You know now I think about it when you subscribed to "ask" you news feed would be full of stuff to pick from, even that's gone quiet.

Key: Complain about this post