A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Happy New Year!

Post 1

Pastey

I'm off out for the afternoon to walk over some moors, then off to a friend's house for the evening, so I won't be online tonight...

So, a little premature but... Happy New Year! smiley - bubbly

How're you all celebrating?

Happy New Year!

Post 2

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Quietly this year. With the Aged Relatives, some tasty morsels and a bottle of pink cava.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Happy New Year!

Post 3

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

How I celebrate every new day. With the a few console games and wine.

Happy New Year, all smiley - winekey

Happy New Year!

Post 4

Pastey

We just looked into public transport to get to where we're going tonight, pretty good. Getting back? Not so good. We'd have to leave at 11:45, which kinda defeats the purpose.

So, t'other half is driving the hire car we've currently got! smiley - cheers

Happy New Year!

Post 5

Superfrenchie

smiley - bubbly

'Partying with a few colleagues, just round the corner from my place. Very convenient. smiley - ok)

Happy New Year!

Post 6

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I shall watch the big ball go down over Times Square on t'telly whilst partying on Cheetos and Dr. Pepper. I may even play solitaire. smiley - silly I know I'm a wild woman, but I just can't seem to stop the destructive carousing...

Happy New Year!

Post 7

Vip

Not sure yet. The plan is to drive smiley - cupid to sleep in the car and then transfer him into our neighbours house while asleep so we can play a couple of games at their house... but we have no idea if this will work!

smiley - fairy

Happy New Year!

Post 8

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Happy New Year!
*stretches, yawns*
We had a very quiet evening, R and I...

Leading up to the evening was extremely boring though. *started typing, but realised it got very TL;DR* See Journal.

Anyway, while I was away (see journal smiley - winkeye, Peewee left with her boyfriend for their party. R prepared ribs and roast root vegetables,and when Son and I returned, we ate. Son left for his party with friends. And then R and I watched Six Feet Under. R has the full box set of all the seasons, and I'm hooked smiley - biggrin

After a while we realised that we hadn't thought of dessert. Contemplated Creme Brulee - we both love it - but got lazy. And then had the idea to go to the famous golden arches for soft ice! So we did! It was fairly quiet there, but just regular people. A dad with his two kids, a middle east family, a bunch of boys milling in and out, giggling and chatting. Perhaps 12 years old.
And R and I, also a bit giggly at the not very glamorous celebration of New Years at the place. It was good soft ice, so nothing to complain about. Staff was in good mood too.

Went home, watched some odd tv - one about a Norwegian man skiing near some fjord, looking for Lynx cats, and making fires to brew coffee. Beautiful snowy landscape, skies, colours. Then an episode of Antique art detectives, finding two works by unknown artists, which were both attributed to Gainsborough in the end. Watched fireworks from the window, wished eachother happy new year, and off to bed.

I came up, but went to sleep on the sofa smiley - blush and just woke up for real.

smiley - towel

Happy New Year!

Post 9

Guitar Hero

Happy new year...!
I guess this is as good a place to start as any, but what would you suggest for one who's not really sure what they're doing here...?

Happy New Year!

Post 10

Superfrenchie

Hello, welcome and happy new year, Guitar Hero. smiley - smiley

Happy New Year!

Post 11

Guitar Hero

So people are still online on New Year? Thought I was late, lol. And the only one. Gonna watch to see if people shoot off fireworks again tonight. Got a cool view.

Happy New Year!

Post 12

Superfrenchie

Here : smiley - cracker

smiley - biggrin

Happy New Year!

Post 13

Guitar Hero

Makes me think, I didn't pull any crackers this year :/ Ah well, more for next year I reckon. Seem to have developed a potato salad addiction this festive season not sure where that's going... Besides to my weight.

Happy New Year!

Post 14

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Hello Guitar Hero! This is indeed a good place to start!
Other places are Ask - the forum where you can ask any question at all, or perhaps answer a question from someone else.
Or, click the link to Peer Review, read what others are working on, and have a say! Is it an interesting story they tell? What more could be wanted in the text? Even a spelling mistake pointed out means help to the writer (and less work for the sub-editor volunteers smiley - winkeye
Welcome to h2g2!
smiley - towel

Happy New Year!

Post 15

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post