A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Christmas chat for those who like Christmas!

Post 1

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

I have started this thread for those who LIKE Christmas. What are you up to, what do you like about Christmas and have you put your decorations up, and general Christmas stuff!
Please, please, if you are not into Christmas, which is fine, can you start another thread for that soet of thing!

Post 2

Anoldgreymoonraker Free Tibet

I like christmas SS and I'm trying to be a good boy ,put a real big plasticy wreath on the front door on the first of december will put more stuff up soon smiley - biggrin

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I like Christmas as I go back to my Fathers, so get to go out with him for lots of drinking and stuff, plus my brother will be back for Christmas from Uni, and get to go out with him too etc. Plus get to see relatives not have seen in a while and my mates from back home smiley - magicsmiley - drunksmiley - erm I'm not relaly into the whole decorations up type thing; This house of mine never has any decorations up, but then I'm not here over Xmas anyhow, Father always has the tree and decorations and such like... Which does make it festive, but if I didn't have there to go back to for Xmas I'd just find a distant hotel with a well stocked bar and restaurant and go stay in that for a couple of weeks until Xmas was all over smiley - erm

Post 4

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I like Christmas, we even put our tree up on 30th November, my four-year-old was just too excited, he helped me dress it and then I went around it removing and replacing some of the decoations smiley - laugh

Will be making mince pies nearer the time. I must sort my Christmas card list!

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I've still got to figure out the best way to transport the 1KG jar of pickled onions I made months and months ago via train to my Fathers... I'm more than a little concerned about the likelyhood for the jar cracking and depositing litres of pickling vinigar all over my clothes smiley - yikes

Post 6

Well done for all the making of mince pies and pickled onions, my dad used to make those. As for transporting them if it was me it would be a cardboard box and bubble wrap job!
I found some pine cones in garden and some holly so used them to make a simple decoration, fortunately the gale force wind blew some pine cones down from the masive pine trees in my garden!

Post 7

grr

t.b.h. I prefer christmas eve to christmas day. We have a little christmas party and I win at twister.smiley - magic

Post 8

In england I think christmas day is very specia,l n xmas eve is too early for , sorry but for us/me we/I think of christmas day. Not the eve thats a collecting evening when families come together, when I was a kid I remember lots of noise from down staires wondering why my oldest bro etc would be visiting then etc etc.N yeh nicky I spent 15 yrs going backwardsz n foorwArds starting in a babys chair n ending up on the bus 6 times a month going to church AND chapple but iTdn'thelp

sorry but I was pushed to the chapple from a very early stage , now I'm married to a buddist with a child so lets try to keep religion out of it ok cause I think we could be friends

Post 9

lets keep religion out of it

smiley - applause When did religion have anything to do with Christmas? It's just a reason for families to get together, drink loads, enjoy yourself!
And why not? As a pagan, I think the turning of the year has great significance. Once the light hours start to broaden(after 21st December in the Western Hemisphere, at least) we become more hopeful of a bountiful year ahead.

Am I deluded?

I hope not! smiley - rofl

Post 10

Cookiecate

I think that is a great reason to celebrate.

Post 11

Earlier today I was given the pick of a box of free CDs and I chose 2 Christmas Salvation Army Band ones as they are an oasis of calmnes in busy town centres at Christmas time and always remind me of Christmas!
Strangely, last summer I regretted not buying a Sally Army Christmas Cd in a sale for £1.50, so fate is a strange thing, I think it is the simplicity of brass instruements playing carols, it is fitting somehow, and I LOVE Christmas Carols! A simple choir singing clasic carols can not be beat for me.....
Just watched Nigel lawson Christmas special...the first real Christmas special of this year I have seen which is great.

Post 12

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

I walked into a pub earlier, then turned on my heel and walked out again: they were playing Christmas music.

I love Christmas between December 23rd and January 3rd (the period I'm off work and at home with my folks and old mates). I *really* love Christmas on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing day. Today is the 6th of December: it ain't Christmas yet.

It seems that he earlier Christmas is imposed the later I start to feel Christmassy. Is this just a 'getting older' thing?

Ooh, I can't wait to be on that train back home though!

Post 13

Sorry SS got carried away a bit or drunk again but still like christmas just for being christmas when I /we can give to others even if we get nought Its the feelings that countsmiley - cheerssmiley - magic

Post 14

It's OK Moonraker, I thought that was what had happened.
To be honest the actual receiving of Christmas presents isn't that important to me, I quite like seeing the few presents I buy for other people around the bottom of the tree but that is about it.
What I really like about Christmas is the Carols and other music, the colourful decorations at a depressing time of the year, the Christmas TV specials (especially where they get well known bands to sing Christmas songs) and a perhaps a very naieve (sp?), OK totally, idea that there is somewhere where it is all snow and log fires and magical things happen, I like the idea of parents and their kids making mincepies and putting up Christmas decorations together....the doing of things together is what really gets remembered, not how many presents you got as a kid. Christmas can be whatever you want it to be really, a calm old fashioned one or mad perties, I know what I prefer, but that is a good thing about Christmas, you can ch0ose what you want it to be mainly!

Post 15

I managed to record a fair number of Christmas songs from TV today, one was a live song from the "All Angels" singing a carol on a moring programme earlier on. The rest were from older TV repeats, nice to add some more to my Christmas music collection!

Post 16

Just listening to my favourite Christmas song Gaudete - Steeleye Span, Christmas is truly here smiley - biggrin

Post 17

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Perverts.

Post 18

Nah, not at all. This *is* the thread for people who *love* Christmas for whatever reason(s) we *do* love it. Don't try and piss on our parade, Azanyx. If you don't like it there are other forums to vent your spleen smiley - biggrin

Post 19

I like christmas but I haven't heard any christmas music or even a film yet .

It really isn't the same over here in fact nothing much happens over here other than a few people put lights and plastic snowmen outside n maybe trees in the house but nobody sends cards or decorates in the house or makes any special food .Kids willget 1 present from their parents but usually they get taken to the toy store to choose something the sunday before smiley - wah

We do have a go decorations and lights outside any cards usually 5 or 6 get put up and I make christmas lunch whole chicken cause I like chicken best and a roast with sprouts and Iv'e allways managed to buy an xmas pud and take a serving over to mum in law n santa does come to our house with lots of stuff for my 11 yr old even if she doesn't believe any more .

KFC does get very busy on christmas day thow smiley - erm thats about it really smiley - sadface

Post 20

zolacakes*keeper of little orange toasters filled with chocolate

I just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season from Pennsylvania,USA. We've had our tree up since the day after Thanksgiving! I even finished my shopping. The gifts are wrapped and under the tree already. I can't wait for Christmas morning!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more