kia ora

I think that Murphys laws were

If something can go wrong it will
Things will go wrong even when they can't
If things don't go wrong on their own people or events will make them

The 90 90 law......

Post 22

arnative

I prefer the 50-50-90 rule myself which states: If you give an intelligent person a 50-50 chance to solve any particular problem, 90% of the time he will screw it up.

Back to the toast problem

Post 23

A fried of mine was always quoting 'Due to cost cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off'... my favourite is 'I saw the light at the end of the tunnel... and it turned out the end of the tunnel was on fire' - a Terry Pratchett quote, if my memory serves.

Post 24

arnative

I personally prefer "The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an oncoming train."

Post 25

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Remeber that it is always better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. -Terry Prachett

Post 26

Kith

The version I heard was as follows: "If you can see light at the end of the tunnel, it's probably a train."

Post 27

*doh*... I was just about to reply to my own post to confirm that my memory was correct smiley - smiley

Sigh.

Post 28

Raelyn

Or, "The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an oncoming train."

Post 29

dasilva

Still prefer "...light at the end of the tunnel, the roof collapses" meself smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more