A Conversation for TBWP - Is There A Blair Witch?

Thank You!

Post 1

Grover MacGopher

I just finished reading your explaination and/or interpretation of The Blair Witch Project, and I must thatnk you. You have basically summed up exactly what I have been feeling. As of today, it's been 1 1/2 weeks since I saw the film, and haven't been able to discuss it with anyone; most of my associates haven't seen it yet, and I can understand that (there are only 2 theaters in town with more in a few suburbs); the theaters are sold out on a regular basis, and I don't see my friend that I DID see the film with on a regular enough basis. I have told my associates to go and see the film and to make sure they have someone with them as to discuss it afterwords. The time lapsed since seeing the film has left me unfulfilled, as now I am not quite sure WHY I wanted to talk about it in the first place. Haveing read your entry, however, has brought not neccassrily closure, but fulfillment. And I will, without a doubt, being viewing this again.

Thank You.

Thank You!

Post 2

Zach Garland

You're welcome. You're the reason why I made these h2g2 pages about Blair Witch. You and anyone else who, like myself, experienced the film and it haunted them for days afterwards and they wanted to share thoughts about it.

If ya wanna email someone about it, I'm always happy to talk about this film. My address is [email protected]. And of course, these forums are always open.

That is when the servers don't go down. smiley - smiley

Thank You!

Post 3

Peter

Dear Zach,

I had an uncanny sense of familiarity when I saw TBWP. Yet I hadn't seen a film quite like it. Then I realised what it was. It's a radio play! One of those old-fashioned atmospheric radio plays that I used to listen to a lot, where all the fear was in my imagination. I think it is an idea of genius to update the notion, basically with pictures of people walking or running in the woods, but still leaving the monsters to me to imagine. As you say, the Witch is inside us.

Thank You!

Post 4

KevinM

There are several movies like it. Notably there are two similar movies that are considerably better and didn't create the silly need to believe in a completely debunked hoax. They would be "The Last Broadcast" and "The St Francisville Experiment." St was after but Last Broadcast proceded the Blair Hoax and even sued them for taking the idea(failed).

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for TBWP - Is There A Blair Witch?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more