A Conversation for Tommy Cooper (Under Construction)

Tommy Cooper

Post 1

Dazza Oxford

This is a very interesting subject to write about. The Tommy Cooper Shows were not on par in terms of status with Morecambe and Wise (did he enjoy TV?) but nonetheless they provide a reminder of the mans undoubted talents. The page itself deals with too many gags, even if I enjoyed them, rather than more in-depth facts on a biographical level. I think if you bring into the piece facts and anecdotes rather than plain gags it will open it up and breathe life into the piece just like that!

Tommy Cooper

Post 2

Smij - Formerly Jimster

I love the story about when he was on tour and he had a really petty argument with his wife. She stormed out and went to dinner on her own. A short while later, she saw him walking through the restaurant wearing just his boxer shorts. he came over to her and said, pathetically: "Where are my trousers?" she took one look at him and started laughing, because she could never be angry with him for too long.

He's one of the few celebs that I've never heard a bad word said against.

Jimster

Tommy Cooper

Post 3

Researcher 236353

Come on.....
What is a page on Tommy Cooper if there are not as many gags as possible? He is one of the funniest guys who ever lived. As per.. the time he walked onto stage with a deck of cards and said "I'm about to show you a card trick that has taken me 15 yrs to learn!" Tommy then shuffles the cards... they spray all over the stage.. and he say's "Well theres 15 yrs waisted!".......... Give us more Tommy one liners and Tommy gags, after all, that is Tommy Cooper.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Tommy Cooper (Under Construction)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more