This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Cheddar George IX

Post 1

RangaKoo

Right, about time we got back to the Roman Numerals... anyway, moving on....

Christmas

Cheddar George IX

Post 2

Fate Amenable To Change

was

Cheddar George IX

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

but

(Hey - all you grammar critics - the intention was "'I' is a vowel"!)

Cheddar George IX

Post 4

RangaKoo

only

Cheddar George IX

Post 5

Fate Amenable To Change

a

Cheddar George IX

Post 6

cafram - in the states.

Christmas was but only....?!

I think there should be a comma in there for it to make any sense - shouldn't there?? (ie. Christmas was, but only...)

In that case: in

Cheddar George IX

Post 7

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

"Christmas was but only a in...?" - I challenge, Cafram!

Originally, I was going for "Christmas was but once a year", it had mutated towards "Christmas was but only a memory...", but I can't see where your "in" is going...?

Anyhow, new start...

"Tense"

Cheddar George IX

Post 8

cafram - in the states.

messangers

Sorry - I totally forgot the 'a'! Pity, I was being clever, too! smiley - winkeye

Cheddar George IX

Post 9

make

(np, Cafram!)

Cheddar George IX

Post 10

cafram - in the states.

a

see - I remembered this time!

Cheddar George IX

Post 11

RangaKoo

nice

Cheddar George IX

Post 12

"Tense messangers make a nice..."

strong

Cheddar George IX

Post 13

cafram - in the states.

cup

Cheddar George IX

Post 14

RangaKoo

of

Cheddar George IX

Post 15

steaming

Cheddar George IX

Post 16

RangaKoo

hot

Cheddar George IX

Post 17

decaffinated

Cheddar George IX

Post 18

Fate Amenable To Change

but

(weird.. I made post yesterday and it totally failed to post)

Cheddar George IX

Post 19

otherwise

Cheddar George IX

Post 20

cafram - in the states.

caffine

Key: Complain about this post

Cheddar George IX

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more