This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 61

Anonymouse

a

(I'm still wondering how furnishings can be impetuous, but then... smiley - winkeye)

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 62

PaleoDan

confused

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 63

Anonymouse

young

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 64

cafram - in the states.

musically

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 65

Anonymouse

devoid

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 66

cafram - in the states.

hetrosexually

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 67

Jonny

active

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 68

Cable

raging

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 69

Fate Amenable To Change

smelly

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 70

Jonny

I would challenge at "raging", only I can't really remember what the sentence is and I'm far too lazy to go back and check, instead I'll make a valuable and hugely humorous contribution...

but

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 71

Fate Amenable To Change

Bogart likes furry and sleek, but rather strangely impetuous furnishings to remind himself that he is not much more than a confused young musically devoid hetrosexually active,raging, smelly but

yet

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 72

Fate Amenable To Change

hoorah !! I get an easy word!!

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 73

$u$

*BUZZ* 'active raging smelly, but'??? Does this make sense? Or should it be butt (as in the Americanism) or 'butt of a joke'? Going with the former, for the sake of continuity...

Bogart likes furry and sleek, but rather strangely impetuous furnishings to remind himself that he is not much more than a confused young musically devoid hetrosexually active raging smelly butt, yet

he

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 74

cafram - in the states.

does

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 75

Jonny

The "but" fitted in OK, I think the yet may have been a problem. For example the following could have been a continuation:

Bogart likes furry and sleek, but rather strangely impetuous furnishings to remind himself that he is not much more than a confused young musically devoid hetrosexually active smelly but oddly well washed elephant.

Admittedly it doesn't make much sense but it is gramatically (almost) fine. Changing "but" to "butt" ends the sentence...

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 76

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

prefer

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 77

$u$

(Shucks Jonny, I guess you're right), but(t) what's the sentence now?

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 78

cafram - in the states.

yeah - is it finished or what? Who lost?!?

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 79

RangaKoo

Well - considering that there have been three challenges and a couple of ppl are lost - I think I am on firm ground when I say;

NEW START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would ppl also like a new thread?

Cheddar George -- Part 3

Post 80

Jonny

Yeah! yeah! yeah! New thread, new thread! Where?!

Oh, here: http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=15752&thread=18927

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more