This is the Message Centre for Professor Yaffle

Open Golf 1999

Post 1

Professor Yaffle

It's Saturday the 17th of July and I have just been woken by bus loads of Golf fans heading of to a small piece of Scottish coastline probably in search of the holy grail that is a good day out, standing in our not very calm North Sea wind tunnel we like to call home. I hope they find it, unlike most of the players who thought they were coming here fo a quick game of pitch and put and head home clutching large cheques and even larger 'Jugs'. It has been the most interesting part of the past few days listening to the 'pros' complain - like childern who have been given a salad instead of a 'Big Mac'- that it's too hard and I'm taking my ball home, we prefer California we don't have wind and rain there and you can land a space shuttle on the fairways and the your bunkers are full of some kind of - well sand - that's not fair.

It will all be over tomorrow and we will get our parking spaces back and that small bar stool that never seems to be the right height.

Open Golf 1999

Post 2

The Duke of Dunstable

Perhaps the discomfort is eased by the fact that the thing was won by a local boy?

Open Golf 1999

Post 3

Professor Yaffle

Nope!

Cant stand the game. Perhaps if some rich American had rented our cottage I would have been happier.

Open Golf 1999

Post 4

The Duke of Dunstable

Odd. I love it. I wih I never started playing it, because it really gets to you. All the same, we can't all be...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Professor Yaffle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more