This is the Message Centre for Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Has Anybody Seen My Mountains?

Post 1

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

It's quite common for my mountains to disappear for a few days at a time. I imagine they're visiting grandparents at the Appalachians, or picking up snowcaps on vacation at the Alps, or whatever else it is mountains do in their free time.

But they've gone for a few weeks now, which really isn't like them. I'm growing a bit concerned. If anyone has any information on their whereabouts, please let me know. I just want to know that they're safe.

Post 2

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Well, mine are where I left them. Of course they do occaisionally go visit yours, I think. What really scares me is when I go outside my house and Mt. Olympus is missing, as it is only a couple of miles away from my door.

Post 3

Ste

Are you talking about those mountains that conveniently hold all the pollution from LA? smiley - winkeye

Post 4

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Those are BtM's. Mine hold all the pollution from Salt Lake in the valley.

Post 5

Those are the ones, Ste. They provide the valuable ecological function of keeping the smog in all of the populated areas. Without them, the smog would escape into the desert, and kill... errr...

Post 6

Ste

So, you got no smog? Blimey. You sounded sad that they had gone.

When I was around Riverside a few months ago those mountains looked hugely impressive, and very green. When they were there, were they still green? Or has the SoCal brownness afflicted them, as it's slowly doing in San Diego, once more?

Stesmiley - mod

Post 7

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Ste, I kinda like San Diego. In fact it is my favourite part of Southern Califonia. I did not note that it was any more brown than most of SoCal.

Post 8

Ste

Ah, San Diego is fantastic. smiley - smiley

It's just that this year we've actually had some rain and it's been very green for a good few months now. One of the things I miss of home (England) is the greenness of it all, so I'm quite sad that summer is taking its toll and seemingly washing away the colour out of the plantlife.

Stesmiley - mod

Post 9

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Ah, yes. I understand. Salt Lake has been much the same. We have green on our mountains this season, but all that really means is taht later int eh year, the fire danger will be far worse. And with the location that some idiots are building housing in, the property damage will be insane.

Post 10

Yeah, it's been a very weird year. We're supposed to get all our rain all at once, and then it stops. So we get a bit of growth, it turns brown, and catches fire in the summer.

This year we got our rain spread out over several months... a sprinkle here and there. It's torture for my sinuses, and things are green here... which is just unnatural.

Things are still somewhat green here, but it looks like that is finally changing. We should have an absolutely spectacular fire season. I'm stocking up on marshmallows.

Post 11

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I just wonder if the water planners and the fire planners in SL county get in fights over things like rain. All the rain we had in teh spring is going to bite the fire people pretty hard soon. But the water people loved it.

lurking omnipresently...

Post 12

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

Just passing through and I couldn't resist barging into this journal entry. Here's the answer to your original question, Blatherskite.
http://www.science.uva.nl/~robbert/zappa/albums/Just_Another_Band_From_L.A./01.html

Carry on.... smiley - winkeye

lurking omnipresently...

Post 13

After reading those lyrics, all I can say is that those must have been some outstanding mushrooms.

lurking omnipresently...

Post 14

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

smiley - laugh
Very, very close! The only time I've ever heard that song I was dabbling with purple microdot (LSD) and someone played the song. I 'saw' it, have never forgotten it since. It's something that pops into my mind occasionally and your journal entry caused it to erupt again.

lurking omnipresently...

Post 15

If my journal entries cause anything else to erupt, please let me know. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post