A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

Challenge: Rubber Band Bracelets

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

You know the sort - thin bands made of rubber and worn around your wrist - they've usually got some sort of writing on them, and they show your solidarity with the cause they are espousing. Don't know what they're called though.

Perhaps you do, and can fill us in on it in an Entry?

Post 2

KB

I might be completely wrong, but I have vague memories of seeing something like this in the guide before. smiley - erm Maybe I saw it somewhere else, it was a while ago.

Post 3

Icy North

When I was young I used to keep rubber bands around my wrist. No idea why, but they often turned out as useful weapons in the school playground.

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

They seem to be known as WristBands.

Post 5

KB

And I seem to have been mistaken.

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

I see a company where you can order them for a little more than £1 each. I wonder if I got some h2g2 ones, would anybody want them?

Post 7

KB

Probably, one or two people would.

Post 8

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Common name is charity bands - they are almost all charity bands raising a pound each

The one I wear is actually an alert bracelet for epilepsy for anyone who might find me doing the salsa on the floor

Post 9

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

And yes, i'd be happy to buy a couple of h2g2 ones, but how much would P&P add to the general cost of a quid

Post 10

KB

They are tiny and light as a feather (and unbreakable), so I doubt P&P would be very much at all.

Post 11

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

tiny and light - agreed
Unbreakable, no
But yes mine generally last six months of full wearing

which is not really a problem just for posting
Stick em in an envelope would work fine

1.10?

Is h2g2 classed as a charity? Since it is not for profit (i'm not sure how we interact with Not Panicking)

Post 12

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Good to see this challenge fulfilled

Any update of h2g2 merchandise - it sort of vanished after the move. Bands would be good, but I'm sure theres other stuff (including the things that were previously selling) that could be sold.

I just made a donation back then, but mainly because I was at school and couldnt think of what to use much of the stuff i could actually buy

And yes, odd place to ask this question i know smiley - erm

Post 13

Gnomon - time to move on

This challenge has not yet been fulfilled.

Post 14

Gnomon - time to move on

And the h2g2 merchandise is still for sale, as far as I know.

Post 15

KB

Oh, go on, then. I'll take it, but I'm not sure what all there is to say about them. smiley - laugh

What I would find interesting as part of the entry is to include a list of as many different bands and their causes as I could find (not as the whole substance of the entry, of course). Is that too Wikipediesque, though?

Post 16

Gnomon - time to move on

It's a bit Wikiesque, all right.

Post 17

KB

True. I'd be interested in reading that if it existed, but it's not the sort of thing I normally like in an Entry.

Post 18

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

sorry misread the topic

Though my question still stands

Key: Complain about this post