A Conversation for The Royal h2g2 Geographical Institute

OK, you've convinced me - I'd like to join the Society

Post 41

Alison (ACE)

Yes that was me indeed. Thank you smiley - blush I'm thinking I might write one about Lancaster seeing as I live here now and there's nothing in the Guide about it yet which surprised me slightly. I'll probably start it next week as my sister's coming to visit me tomorrow so I'll be busy this week. But watch this space!! smiley - laugh

Post 42

Number Six

A gentle reminder... of course, the whole membership is welcome to do as much or as little as it likes, and choose to be a passive or active member of the Society. You're all busy people, after all.

But a quick test revealed that only about a quarter of us are currently subscribed to the Members' Bar page, and being as that's where everything connected with this thing is going to happen, I though perhaps a few more of us would like to subscribe.

Now, I'm a bit dumb on the technical side, but hopefully clicking on this link <./>FSB634966?cmd=subscribeforum&page=normal&desc=Return+to+the+Guide+Entry&return=A1337546</.> should do the trick. Or perhaps not, I'll just have to suck it and see.

smiley - mod

Post 43

Wildman - I'm not really mad, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years!

I assume bridges qualify as being geographical thingies, so could you add me to the list please? (I've done entries on the two big ones over the Forth.)

This might just get me to finish off a couple of entries that have been 'in progress' for monthssmiley - winkeye

Wildmansmiley - headhurts

Post 44

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

I've done the entry For South Woodham Ferrers, Essex, England, and know a vaugly silly amount on Essex, bits of London and the North West. Also tads on France and the US

Post 45

Number Six

Welcome! I'll add you both as soon as I can...

By the way, Alison, have you seen A1934516 (Lancaster University, UK) in PeerReview?

smiley - mod

Post 46

Alison (ACE)

No I hadn't seen that, but thanks for pointing me over there, it's cool. Yeay Fylde!! *ahem* sorry - college pride...

Post 47

Gordon, Ringer of Bells, Keeper of Postal Codes and Maps No One Can Re-fold Properly

Ok, given that I actually am a geographer (even though that's not the field I'm working in at the moment) I should probably sign up. smiley - smiley

smiley - teasmiley - towel

Post 48

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Well, I'm in.
I am constantly about to write an article about Jerusalem (that's where I live, and have been living most of my life), but I still need to figure out how to make it objective. It will take a while, I guess...

Post 49

pointbeing

whahoops...did I ever get round to...no i think i didnt...

count me in smiley - smiley

Post 50

Mr. Carrot

Right, I'm in...

I've allready gotten an entry picked for editing on my local collection of huts, and I'm about to write something about "Rallarvegen" in Norway... When I get the time... that is...

Post 51

Number Six

Nice! Welcome everyone... I'd better scoot off and update the membership pages.

smiley - run

smiley - mod

Post 52

Dinnerlady [The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom]William Blake. Top lad:)

I'm in.... now off to see where I can wrote about.....

Post 53

Dinnerlady [The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom]William Blake. Top lad:)

I'm in.... now off to see where I can write about.....

Post 54

Number Six

Our 34th member! See you in the Members' Bar...
smiley - mod

Post 55

Agent X

#6 advertising does pay!! I got here by your name link smiley - cheers

I was just thinking recently that their should be something exactly like this smiley - smiley I am glad you have already made it cuz that save me from doing it myself smiley - biggrin I would like to join but may not be to active right away, I just finished up college and am trying to fine a job right nowsmiley - yikes But once I am more stable I hope to contribute many geographical entries smiley - ok

Your friendly neighborhood smiley - bluefish

Post 56

dizzygillespiefromcrystallake

After stumbling around a bit,I've found myself here. I'd like to join,I'd like my entry"getting around in chicago" to be considered for formal entry into the guide. Suggestions? Thanx

Post 57

Number Six

Welcome! Helping researchers like yourself is one of the main reasons we set up this thing in the first place, so it's great to see you here.

The best place for chatting to people in the Society is the Members Bar, at A1337546 - if you post the same question on this thread:
F634966?thread=334466

then with any luck eventually you'll get the advice of more people than just me... although I'm happy to do whatever I can - see you over there

smiley - cheers

Cheers,
Number Six

Post 58

Number Six

I've just added you to the official lists on the front page and in the Members' Bar (A1337546)... the best thing to do now is pop over there and subscribe to any threads there that interest you, and also subscribe to any new conversations on the page itself.

smiley - cheers

smiley - mod

Post 59

Watermusic

After all we all live in the Universe - and I must start somewhere.
Where?smiley - cool

Post 60

Number Six

Right, I've just added you!

And as for where to start, well, why not where you live? Although, of course, it always worth doing an h2g2 search first to check that an Edited Guide entry doesn't exist already smiley - ok

smiley - mod

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more