This is the Message Centre for andrews1964

David Bronstein

Post 1

andrews1964

One of the 'greats' of the world of chess has died: David Bronstein, who came within a draw of becoming world champion in 1951. See his obituary in the New York Times at http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/07/crosswords/chess/07bronstein.html
(what a mouthful), and the write-up of his career in the entry 'Uncrowned chess kings', A2100754. His style was risky, bold and imaginative - if ever they get a computer to play like him, I will accept that it will have passed the 'Turing Test'. Not yet though...

David Bronstein

Post 2

thijs-r

can i be your friend?
Your thoughts about issues are amazing!
I totaly get it now!

David Bronstein

Post 3

thijs-r

sorry i don't realy understand how this site works.
I'm a chess-player all my life, that's why i came at your frontpage.
Then i thought of posting something but i don't understands how it works.
Can you help me?

David Bronstein

Post 4

andrews1964

Hi thijs-r! Very nice to meet you.

How can I help? If you want to contribute to a discussion then you just write a response whichever post you want to comment on.

If you want to write an entry or article, you click on the 'Add guide entry' button, and just start. You can write in plain text - which is the easiest way to start - or you can write in GuideML, which is a bit harder but you can do more with it. It's like HTML, a mark-up language. There is a page in h2g2 that shows you how to write in it.

I have added you to my friend's list. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for andrews1964

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more