A Conversation for Cause and Effect

Alternative Writing Workshop: A1284022 - Cause and Effect

Post 1

Jesus_Fish

Entry: Cause and Effect - A1284022
Author: Jesus_Fish - U244236

I wrote the following 'entry' as a favor for a friend of mine who needed an essay for a philosophy class he was taking. It addresses free will and fate.

A1284022 - Cause and Effect

Post 2

Noggin the Nog

Style: this could do with being put into GuideML format so you can break it up with headers by inserting Title of header
in the appropriate places. It'll make it easier to read.

Content: This is rather one sided, and could do with some presentation of differing viewpoints, even if only to show why you think they don't work.

You might like to ponder the question of whether either free will or determinism can actually be observed, and questions about the limits of predictability due to self reference and the uncertainty principle, among others.

You might also want to think about how the term free will is normally used in making judgements about responsibility and merit.

Noggin

Post 3

Tube - the being being back for the time being

Seeing your note "Forgive me if this 'entry' seems to come to a sudden stop. I got tired. Maybe I'll update/append it at some point in the future."
Do you now want to work at the entry at a later date or do you consider it finished?

Post 4

nadia

Jesus Fish seems to be a one stop Elvis.

This badly needs guide ML and some work doing to it. I'm leaning towards suggesting a move but not entirely certain.

Oh what the...people can disagree with me.

Suggesting a move.
Speckly

Post 5

nadia

Noggin the Nog if this got put into the Flea Market would you want to pick it up and work on it? You seemed to have some good ideas.

Speckly

Post 6

nadia

Hmm, Jusus Fish seems to have returned, taken the entry away and elvised again. smiley - erm

Suggesting a move.
N

Post 7

Spynxxx

seconded

Post 8

Bluebottle

Thirded - back to Entry as this has been removed.

<BB<

Post 9

SashaQ - happysad

Fourthed

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more