A Conversation for Yikes - The Sequel

Yikes 2 - 100K on the horizon - now revised down to 20,000 - (for now)

Post 16861

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeye"Weather is on the decline" never knew it could make a profitsmiley - laugh

Post 16862

Reality Manipulator

Hello smiley - smiley

According to what I have read online that late April and early May there will be a return to cold weather and even a chance of snow smiley - snowball in Scotland.smiley - brr

Post 16863

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

https://idiomation.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/never-cast-a-clout-until-may-is-out/

a Yorkshire saying smiley - smiley

(borrowed by otherssmiley - winkeye)

Post 16864

http://idiomation.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/never-cast-a-clout-until-may-is-out/

forgot to knock the S offsmiley - laugh

Post 16865

Reality Manipulator

Thanks Prof for the links they make interesting read. It has been quite a long time since I last visited North Yorkshire. I really enjoyed myself in York as it is not spoiled like many cities with heavy traffic and very high buildings (I am bit like a hobbit as I do not like noisy places or very high buildings) and there are so many historical places to visit. I never got to see the steam train museum.

Today I had a very good out when I went out with a group of people to indoor ten pin bowling in Romford which was organised by the Thurrock/Havering Family MOSAIC.

Post 16866

smiley - winkeyeas long as you didn't bowl overarm smiley - biggrin

Post 16867

Reality Manipulator

The last time I played cricket was in the 70's during one of my school's PE classes. It was a game between girls and the boys where I was bowled out through a ball striking my left ear which was very embarrassing. I don't know how many runs I managed or who won by I know it was very close. I was quite good at rounders and I found playing cricket a lot easier than rounders.

Post 16868

myk

We had a teacher who would make us play cricket. HE would bowl and we would duck!! smiley - smiley

Post 16869

Reality Manipulator

I have had that playing cricket is a good way of making it rain.

Post 16870

Reality Manipulator

smiley - sorrysmiley - biroI have heard that playing cricket is a good way of making it rain.

Post 16871

ITIWBS

A favorite boyhood moment, my PE class was playing a game of baseball, I was getting rather tired of the game and being out in the full sun was making me feel uncomfortable.

(I'd picked up a sunburn at the beach the weekend before.)

I noticed a loose thread hanging from the ball, calmly walked out to the pitcher's mound, placed the ball in the pitcher's hand with what I figured was just the right presentation, walked back to the batter's mound, held the bat in what I figured was just the right presentation, made a hit, simultaneously breaking the bat and sinning the ball, which, while the skin went one way, fell inside the lines of the baseball diamond, unravelling as it bounced and rolled, leaving a trail of string behind it.

[True Story]

Post 16872

ITIWBS

smiley - biro 'sinning' should have been 'skinning'.

Post 16873

Reality Manipulator

Thanks for sharing your story ITIWBS of your experience of playing baseball.smiley - cheers My mother who lived in Northumberland played a ball game similar to rounders which was softball as well as shinty when she was at school in the twenties.

Post 16874

myk

Skinning sounds like sinning to me smiley - winkeye
I'll not tell though! smiley - biggrin

Post 16875

smiley - smileyHi Lofty, long time no see mate. Hope all is well, especially in health firstsmiley - smiley

Post 16876

ITIWBS

...and next, I calmly walked around the baseball diamond, touching each base in turn and returned to home plate...

Post 16877

myk

Wow! Way cool!! smiley - tongueout

Sometimes "sinning" is just the right thing to do!! (??) Wiked!! smiley - biggrin

Post 16878

Reality Manipulator

When I was a young child of 6 or 7 when I said I have done a mistake, I would say I have done a steak.smiley - laugh

My pet cat Simba smiley - cat is lying on my pajamas, I think would like a pair to wear for himself. When I went into my bedroom, he winked smiley - winkeye at me.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more