A Conversation for Alice in Wonderland Syndrome

So it's NOT normal??!!

Post 1

megalala77

Most of these things happen to me ever since I remember, they seem so normal(?) to me I don't think I ever discussed it with anyone (the same way you don't discuss sensation of breathing- it's just happens). But now when I actually think about it, it's not ENTIRELY normal that hard object sometimes seem bendy in my hands for a split second, or everything slows down around, or every night when in bed, I feel some parts of my body getting gigantic (btw, I'm a woman, so it's not place for THAT joke).
Conclusion? Alice in Wonderland Syndrome? Absolutely loving the name!smiley - ok

So it's NOT normal??!!

Post 2

speciak

why is it not normal?

So it's NOT normal??!!

Post 3

megalala77

I guess everything what's got its own name (specially with syndrome in it) isn't quite normal (in typical sense). Not that I worry, though.

So it's NOT normal??!!

Post 4

speciak

it's scary but who really cares, i just like to know i have a healthy thought process, but it's a brutal world when it comes to logic and theories...we'll never know was really right...
i think it's normal in all reality. i think that the illusions and everthing is a way of fixing other problems that could happen. It fixes itself

So it's NOT normal??!!

Post 5

megalala77

"i think that the illusions and everthing is a way of fixing other problems that could happen."

Can you write something more about it? I'm not sure if I understood right- do you mean that illusions can play part similar to dreams, which some think are the way our brain gets rid of all informational garbage and tides up whatever left?

So it's NOT normal??!!

Post 6

speciak

Kind of. I'll make an example. (This my opinion, i don't have a reference or backup, mind you)

I think of the condition as kind of how scabs are. When you get injured, within a few minutes ( depending on how large the injury is and the location) the spot will scab over and stop bleeding as it begins to heal by meiosis. So sorry for my crappy metaphor but the Alice sydrome may just be a mental form of a scab.

So it's NOT normal??!!

Post 7

megalala77

Whoa, master, I don't see any logical connection in meaning of metaphor. So comparing Alice Syndrome to physical healing, you're actually saying that minor mental disorder (AS) covers some more serious mental disorder, and makes it heal? Doesn't sound like much of healing to me, more like covering Pandora's Can with a cap way too thin. Waiting for explosion going to happen.

Correct me please if I misunderstood you.

btw, meiosis only happens in reproductive organs.

So it's NOT normal??!!

Post 8

speciak

haha, wow i meant mitosis =/...its been awhile.

I apologized for my sucky metaphore. i apologize again, ive never been good at them.

I don't mean for it to be as a "lid" as you say. just a way of getting back on track. The word ive been looking for is homeostasis.
Its hard to explain, i suppose. I bet it's just me being very non articulate. lol

So it's NOT normal??!!

Post 9

speciak

cap, not lid.

also, scabs are an example for little cuts to major injuries, haha

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more