This is the Message Centre for SashaQ - happysad

Subbing the comfort blanket

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hi Sashasmiley - hug

A87992743 is all subbed, you'll need to subscribesmiley - biro

I think this is a great way of using up oddments of yarn/wool. And every blanket would be unique. I like to customise my clothes, change something like the buttons, or add something, to make them unique. I really wish I had kept up with my sewing and knitting/crocheting (I made all my own baby clothes and blankets) but now find little time for crafting. It was a pleasure to read your entry and thank you for writing it. I hope you have photossmiley - biggrin

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - towel

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks GB smiley - hug

Yes, that is one of the joys of making these blankets, that they are each unique depending on what wool is available smiley - biggrin and they can be made in different sizes depending on what people need - I helped to make a large blanket for someone who needed to use it as a bed cover, and she was absolutely fascinated by a fluorescent orange square so it provided amusement as well as comfort smiley - biggrin

That is a good idea to customise your clothes so they are not just 'off the peg' smiley - ok

I haven't been doing much crafting over the last few months, as I've been mentally tired with everything that is going on. Making squares is not too difficult, though, so I've picked up my needles again recently, and have been enjoying knitting while watching TV smiley - biggrin

Just one change I'd like, please: "With 5in squares, 7 × 7 is a pleasing size perfect for covering someone's legs." - "With 5in squares, 7 × 7 is a good size, perfect for covering someone's legs."

Thank you! smiley - towel

Post 3

smiley - biro changed and returned! My pleasure smiley - magic

Post 4

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! Your Entry is on the Front Page today smiley - magicsmiley - towel

Post 5

smiley - applause

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

Thank you smiley - biggrinsmiley - towel

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for SashaQ - happysad

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more