This is the Message Centre for SashaQ - happysad

Subbing Caroline Herschel

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hi Sasha! Congratulations on your 100 EGE badge! smiley - applause

I have taken your entry to sub-edit here: A87941550 please remember to subscribe! smiley - biro

Such an interesting lady - thank you for writing this entry up for the EGsmiley - star

If you're happy with my subbing then it can join the queue for FP glory!smiley - magic

Take care,

GBsmiley - galaxysmiley - planet

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Hi GB!

Thank you - I'm very pleased to have contributed 100 Entries and counting smiley - biggrin

Thank you for subbing this - I hoped it would be an Entry you would enjoy smiley - biggrin

I spotted a mammoth sentence that could be split a bit, I think - how about:

"Caroline did not receive the best education in those days, however, as her mother thought she would only be fit for working as a domestic servant - Caroline developed pock-marked skin after contracting smallpox, and grew to an adult height of just 4ft 3in (1.3m) after having caught typhus at the age of 10. "?

Apart from that, all looks good - excellent links added smiley - ok

Thank you smiley - hug

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I've had a bit more time to think about that, how about:

Caroline did not receive the best education in those days. She developed pock-marked skin after contracting smallpox, and grew to an adult height of just 4ft 3in (1.3m) after having caught typhus at the age of ten. Her mother thought she would only be fit for working as a domestic servant.

smiley - teasmiley - cake

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

That would be spot on - thank you smiley - ok

smiley - teasmiley - cake

Post 5

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! Your Entry is on the Front Page today smiley - magicsmiley - galaxysmiley - star

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for SashaQ - happysad

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more