This is the Message Centre for shazzPRME

Hey Shazz

Post 41

MadMunk?¿

I no no..... That's the time you get in.... you start regretting it later that day..... smiley - winkeye

Hey Shazz

Post 42

shazzPRME

Wishful thinking huh MM smiley - winkeye....and go get a new ball then Shorty....as you say,if your bowl is knackered it's not going to
knock many pins down LOL
smiley - winkeye

Hey Shazz

Post 43

Shorty

My ball knocks plenty of pins down, just not all at the same time hehehehe. Don't you just hate it when you get nowt but 8's and 9's all the time...smiley - smiley

Hey Shazz

Post 44

shazzPRME

I hate it even more when I bowl a nice strike ball and end up with a split ;-(Have you ever managed to convert a 7-10?!
shazzsmiley - winkeye

Hey Shazz

Post 45

Shorty

Not a chance in hell, unless i throw 2 balls down, but for some reason they class that as cheating...can't see why myself hehehehe
smiley - smiley

Hey Shazz

Post 46

shazzPRME

LOL......It's much harder then with only one.....all that weight dangling on the end of your arm!!!
shazz smiley - winkeye

Hey Shazz

Post 47

Ormondroyd

Hi Shazz,

I think your site is lovely too. Apologies for the intrusion, but I am a h2g2 newbie of just a few days' vintage and I need your help.
It's like this, you see: I'm dying to post a nomination to the Virtual Lord Mayor Of London section on Fenchurch's site. However, whenever I try to do so, the "discuss this entry" bar turns black and white but still won't let me in. I feel utterly disenfranchised!
Please let me chip in to that debate: I promise not to get party political. I probably will be rude about Jeffrey Archer, but there are so many revolting things about him besides his politics that it's hard to know where to start.
And I do want to make a cool nomination. Hint: it's someone who might be able to re-populate the Thames with fish...

Hey Shazz

Post 48

shazzPRME

Hi there O!! Nice to have you onboard! I don't know why you can't post on the Mayor nomination site! Try going to one of the other nominees forums.....and start a new thread......failing that ,you are welcome to just apply in here and I'll link you up smiley - smiley Do you have icq btw?....and we will need a pic for the *Rogues Gallery* site smiley - smiley)Am on my way to yuor page now...to take a nose smiley - smiley
shazz smiley - winkeye

Hey Shazz

Post 49

Ormondroyd

Hello again Shazz,

Hope you enjoyed your "nose" at my page! Thanks for your messages. As intimated elsewhere, I don't now need to do that nomination for Virtual Mayor that I was planning - but there's something I must ask.
What exactly IS an "icq btw"?
I know I'm ignorant. But at least I want to learn.

Thanks,

Ormy.

Hey Shazz

Post 50

shazzPRME

Hi,Ormy smiley - winkeye
ICQ is a neat little message programme which a lot of us use to chat with while we are in h2g2.You may download it from http://www.icq.com/
or,if you check my h2g2 page,you will find my icq pager which you can use to send me a message direct!
Hope this is of help.I was not online last night,so will now search my forums to find out why you are not standing for Mayor smiley - bigeyes
shazz smiley - winkeye

Hey Shazz

Post 51

Vladimir

LOLsmiley - bigeyes

I get this abbreviation thing now, BTW. If you fancy popping through Kettering, we've got some Californians hard at work on a new bunker in Wicksteed Park. You're welcome to wear your bowling shoes and grab a shovel before the seething red mists of Deptford descend on Northamptonshire around teatime.

smiley - smiley

Vote Merkin! The scourge of Northampton,
He's gone bowling with Peter Frampton,
He's digging in Wicksteed,
At double fast quick speed,
To make sure that Kettering's tramped on.smiley - smiley

Hey Shazz

Post 52

shazzPRME

Hi Vlad!smiley - smiley
I have a smettering
of Kettering
But prefer the Town
to get down!
Are you transient
Or resident?
shazz smiley - winkeye

Hey Shazz

Post 53

Vladimir

Neither!

I live in Leicester. I go through Kettering whenever I travel to London on the train and mt parents used to victimise me with Wicksteed park as a small child.

Kettering today, Market Harborough tomorrow!

Oh, I guess that sort of makes me transient.

Vlad.smiley - smiley

Hey Shazz

Post 54

Ormondroyd

Many thanks for the advice about icq. I registered this morning - so should you ever want a word with me in private, you can now e-mail me via [email protected]
There are two main reasons why I'm not standing for Mayor. Firstly, I'm still very new around here. It's still less than a week since I discovered h2g2. I'm still finding my way around the place and meeting the people. I'm enjoying every minute of the experience, but I really think that it would be a bit presumptious for me to stand in the Virtual Election when I'm such a h2g2 novice. It would, I think, be a case of running for office before I can walk.
Secondly, I am convinced that the ideal candidate for the virtual job is already up and running. I wouldn't dream of trying to compete with the multi-talented Fenchurch, the multi-talented fish-creator and prime mover of ARSE. I feel so strongly about this that I have just posted a mail to the great woman pledging my support and volunteering to help her campaign in any way I can. As far is I'm concerned, it simply MUST be Mayoress Mercury.
Anyway, so long and thanks again for your help,

regards,

Ormondroyd.

Hey Shazz

Post 55

shazzPRME

No probs! I'm up to my armpits in html and gifs doing all this stuff anyway!
shazz smiley - winkeye

Hey Shazz

Post 56

Terran

So who won the Virtual Mayor election then? No plans for another one? smiley - erm

Hey Shazz

Post 57

Ormondroyd

If memory serves, it was Fenchurch. But thank you for reminding me that I'm approaching my fifth h2g2 birthday. How time flies! smiley - biggrin

Hey Shazz

Post 58

Terran

And nearly two years for me. smiley - yikes I can still remember the registration screen as if it was yesterday... smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for shazzPRME

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more