This is the Message Centre for shazzPRME

Under Pressure

Post 1

shazzPRME

After a fairly relaxing year, during which Het Kasteel has undergone a major (and costly) revamp, suddenly my days and nights are filled again.

Quite a few of us - including Max Headroom from h2g2 - attended the try-out night last Friday. This was deliberately set up so that we could not only admire the new main hall but also see how, or if, everything works. The general consensus seems to be that overall there is a huge improvement in decor and cleanliness. The light system, despite not being fully installed at the time, was impressive. The sound system still needs some tweaking to ensure perfect balance throughout the hall.

On the flip side the change from using tokens to real money caused quite a few bar staff problems and there is concern as to whether the speed of service will be able to cope with big parties.

There was a distinct lack of places to set your drink down and no seating in the main hall. This led to many hanging out in the entrance hall to take a brief rest by sitting on the floor! Of course, this problem will be resolved to some extent by the re-opening of the cafe but alternatives are being looked at and the installation of bench seating is being seriously considered. smiley - ok

This Thursday night the local digintaries will all turn up for the official opening. Friday night is the first night of a two-day feest and TM will be DJing in the cafe. Saturday night sees all the various regular party night organisations take a turn at doing their thing and I have been promoted!!!

I will be DJing in the main hall back-to-back with my 'boss', Wout, for the 2.30-4.00 am stint of 'Easytune'. Usually Wout spins in the main hall and I take the cafe so this is quite a step up and I must confess to being just a little nervous especially as it seems I can't hide away in the DJ booth but have to perform on the stage. smiley - yikes

So, I am up to my eyes creating a database of my music and thinking about the best sounds to play. We will be 'playing it by ear' so a set-list isn't an option. smiley - run

The following week doesn't get any quieter. Thursday we have the first night of our Ten Forward cafe bar which means working from 8pm until around 2 or 3 am. Friday we also run the cafe during the first band evening which features Peter Pan Speedrock in the main hall. This is scheduled to end at 4am after which we have our cleaning duties. smiley - yawn

Saturday is the first Easytune feest and, again, I am going up in the world. I'll either be opening in the main hall for 3 hours or so or closing in the cafe - either way these represent a step-up from opening in the cafe which I used to do. Easytune usually attracts 500 guests and is one of the most succesful party nights in Kasteel. With the new liscensing rules it will go on until 5am so don't expect to get much sense out of me on Sunday! smiley - cheers

Who ever said February was a quiet month!!!

Under Pressure

Post 2

Max Headroom 4m2 (LesBeest )

Under pressure the most brilliant works emerge smiley - smiley

Remind me next time to stop testing the beer in time, it was saturday night before I really woke up.
smiley - erm Think Redfishy does not really appreciate me attending all the events, perhaps you first Tenforward night.

Under Pressure

Post 3

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

Sounds like you have a great time ahead of yousmiley - ok.

Another problem with the change from tokens to money: I still have somesmiley - yikes!

Under Pressure

Post 4

Max Headroom 4m2 (LesBeest )

Not tonight, maybe in a fortnight.

Had not found the time to search for the tokens jet smiley - 2cents, still valid for some time according to Towel Master.

Under Pressure

Post 5

shazzPRME

Yes smiley - smiley

Tokens can still be used upon payment of an extra 10 cents as the prices went up. smiley - ok

A nice quiet week for me this week - no shifts at all smiley - biggrin

shazz smiley - thepost

Under Pressure

Post 6

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

Anyhow, I am not sure I want to go to the Kasteelsmiley - headhurts just to get rid of some tokens.

Under Pressure

Post 7

Linus...42, i guess that makes me the answer...

hopefully i will get over there one day - perhaps later in the year when i have some business in London

you have been warned smiley - winkeye

Under Pressure

Post 8

shazzPRME

Linus!!!

That would be brilliant! smiley - biggrin

Just don't bother packing any F***ers... smiley - rofl

Are you still playing rugby or does running a pub cut down on that kind of activity? smiley - winkeye

shazz smiley - thepost

Under Pressure

Post 9

my dear shazz, great to finally catch u online smiley - biggrin

i think age has more to do with me not playing rugby than the pub does

unless i go to the pub first then i'm well up for it smiley - winkeye

Under Pressure

Post 10

shazzPRME

Ah yes - it is amazing what a few bevvies will do... I'll keep an eye out in case you end up competing in the Commonwealth games smiley - rofl

If you are visiting London on business then I assume you'll be on your own? We certainly have a spare bed (and entertainment) for you if you can get to Schiphol. It will give us a good excuse to have another Dutch mini-meet! The last was almost a year ago when Granny Weatherwax came over! smiley - yikes

shazz smiley - thepost

Under Pressure

Post 11

I'm thinking of putting a pub team in the next games - one athlete, or maybe a lawn bowls team, and 30 officials smiley - winkeye

if i'm flying all that way i shouldn't think a little side trip would be too much of a problem.

I will let you know as i soon as i find out when it is all happening and if it's in winter forget it - too bloody cold smiley - tongueout

Under Pressure

Post 12

Baron_Shatturday

Hey, Shazz!

Long-time-no-see! smiley - smiley So you're DJ'ing now? Coolness!

Key: Complain about this post