This is the Message Centre for Manuela

Welcome to h2g2!

Post 1

Vip

Hello there, and welcome to h2g2!

I'm Vip, and I'm here to give you a guiding hand around the maze that is h2g2. Whether you joined up to write for the Guide, to talk to the wonderful people who reside here, or whether it was just by chance, we're glad to have you here.

If I were you I'd head here: A719840, where an old-timer Researcher has done his best to tell you everything you need to know.

Once again, welcome. If you ever need a helpful hand, all you need to do is reply to this message and I'll be there just as soon as I can.

I look forward to seeing you around!

Vip

Welcome to h2g2!

Post 2

Manuela

Hi.
How do you submit an entry for review/ peer editing?
Thanks in advance,
M_snowpea

Welcome to h2g2!

Post 3

Vip

Hello!

To submit and Entry, click on the 'Submit' button on the right hand side of your Entry (below the Edit button). It will then ask you which forum to submit your work to. The Writing Workshop is for people who have a good idea but aren't sure it's ready for the Guide, and Peer Review is the drop down menu option to pick if you think, with a little polish, it's ready.

Just to warn you - if it's your article on Aristotle that you want to submit, it probably won't be allowed simply because there is already an article on Aristotle in the Guide (A676398).
If you wanted to update the current Entry it would have to be a substantially more in-depth Entry than the one that is currently there. smiley - sorry

I'm glad you are writing for the Guide! A good tip before you start is to use the h2g2 Search feature to check to see if anyone has written about it before. If it comes up as Edited, I'm afriad someone got there first. smiley - sadface

Let me know if there is anything else I can help wth,

smiley - fairy

Welcome to h2g2!

Post 4

Manuela

Okay. Thank you. Next time I'll remember to check the guide. I appreciate your help.

smiley - smiley

Welcome to h2g2!

Post 5

Vip

Not a problem. It's just a shame that your first idea was alreeady taken. I remember the same thing when I joined - I wanted to write about clarinets, but some chap called Gnomon had already written a rather good Entry!
It took me two years to try again - there's no pressure to write unless you want to. Feel free to take your time (or press on if you already have another idea, of course).

smiley - fairy

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Manuela

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more