A Conversation for Scrambled Eggs

More scrambled eggs eggs-otica

Post 1

Andy

Well, I've been waiting for the perfect forum by which to reveal my scrambled egg recipe to the world, and I doubt I'll do much better than this.

For simplicities sake, I've written the recipe for a fair quantity of eggs, suitable for 2-4 people, depending on your appetites. The measurements are not exact, but rather should be adjusted to your tastes.

6 large eggs
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
milk
pepper (preferably cracked, not pulverized)
dill
garlic (preferably fresh, not powdered)
butter (not margarine nor fat-free cooking spray nor any such nonsense)

In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cheese and a splash of milk (not too much). Beat well, but not excessively so. In a pan, gently warm a generous portion of butter with the garlic. When the butter is just starting to bubble, add the pepper and dill to the egg mixture, and pour it into the pan. Cook slowly, stirring regularly to keep the cream cheese blended with the eggs.

This is also good with a bit of fresh spinach added about one minute before cooking is finished.

Post 2

Anonymouse

smiley - smiley~~~ (*drool*)

Being a cream cheese fan, that sounds absolutely divine... Worthy of a name more 'creative' than simply 'scrambled eggs' indeed! smiley - bigeyes

Post 3

Andy

I'm open to suggestions . . .

Post 4

Anonymouse

*mrphfthmph*

*gulp* 'Scuse me, you caught me with a mouthful... and a suggestion box rather empty, I'm afraid... Uhm.. Breakfast Delight? (It's probably taken, but...)

Post 5

Nyssa23

I'm not sure if this would disqualify the dish as scrambled eggs per se, but I like to cook my eggs with chorizo (a spicy Mexican sausage sold in a semi-solid form encased in plastic link cases, but actually quite tasty), place said cooked eggs in a warm flour tortilla, and garnish with cilantro and freshly chopped onions. Any fine Mexican restaurant in the galaxy should be able to provide this dish; but, a word to the wise: If the eggs arrive at your plate dry and brown, don't eat them. A properly prepared dish of chorizo and eggs is moist and orangey in color--watch your clothes, as any orange liquid which may fall on them from this dish is undoubtedly there for the duration.

Post 6

Anonymouse

Here it's become known as a breakfast burrito.. although undoubtably they cheat when it comes to the chorizo. smiley - erm

'Nonniesmiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more