A Conversation for The h2g2 Picture Library - Community Art Edition

The Blob List

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

Mala, Jim Lynn many years ago sent me the B numbers of all the blobs on h2g2 up to that point. I put them in an Excel Spreadsheet and have provided descriptions of many of them. Would you like a copy?

E-mail me at jonmca (at) gofree (dot) indigo (dot) ie. To prove you are yourself, provide me the missing word from this puzzle:

REMARKED ------

smiley - winkeye

The Blob List

Post 2

Malabarista - now with added pony

That might indeed be handy smiley - bigeyes But aren't all the old B-number blobs in the old library?

The Blob List

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

No, they aren't, I think. I found Gnomon's online blob list earlier today (takes forever to upload, no descriptions), and spent a lot of time watching all the digital valley stuff. smiley - bigeyes

The Blob List

Post 4

KB

Sounds interesting! smiley - bigeyes

The Blob List

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

I think you found the uncategorised version, Bel. THe spreadsheet has hundreds if not thousands of descriptions, although it is all rather haphazard.

The Blob List

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

The only blobs that got put into the picture library were the official ones on Edited Entries. Blobs used in The Post, or the small versions that were put on the front page weren't recorded anywhere.

The Blob List

Post 7

Eeep! That sounds threatening, really smiley - winkeye

The Blob List

Post 8

aka Bel - A87832164

It's only threatening because it's so distracting. I was really glad I only discovered it today, after the Post was finished. smiley - laugh

The Blob List

Post 9

smiley - laugh That's a good point...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The h2g2 Picture Library - Community Art Edition

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more