A Conversation for Star Wars - Starfighters of the Rebel Alliance

I was under the impression that the Headhunter had some major drawbacks

Post 1

Cadmus

In it's favour it was a much less expensive craft than the X-Wing, and was probably more reliable. Making it good to keep on hand if needs be. But I have been led to believe that the sheilds were significantly thinner than those on the X-Wing, as was the armour, as one journalist put it "Turns into scrap upon colliding with a fart". Am I mistaken?

Post 2

Down1nit

These drawbacks of which you speak were only relevant to the context of comparing it with the x-wing. The z-95 is one of those vessels that were sent out in mass payloads. Quantity vs. Quality are the prime benefits of this vessel... because they were used so often and produced so readily, there are a number that still existed when the x-wing took over as "superiority fighter"

The fact that they can (and often are) taken out by a linked cannon Tie Interceptor shows that the technology in the Star Wars universe is indeed evolving.

I.E. a single Missle Boat (from the Tie Fighter expansion pack) could easily take out about 100 of these pesky fighters, shows: 1) progress was made to improve the design, thereby removing any "inferiority" the ships possessed, and 2) I am quite the geek.

Post 3

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Geek or guru? It is a thin line indeed smiley - smiley

Post 4

Mat Lindsay (the researcher formerly known as Nylarthotep...now he has a name, all he needs is a face)

Here, here...my advice as a trained medical professional is that you need to drink more beer.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more