A Conversation for The Princess Bride - the Film

Pity about the cover

Post 1

GraceK

I am now a confirmed fan of the Princess Bride but I only got round to watching it after about five years of nagging by some friends. There were two reasons for this - the dappy girls at my school liked it so that put me off & secondly (& more importantly) the cover on the video makes it look soppy & not very good. I had forgotten about this until a couple of months ago when a new girlfriend (from Bosnia) joined our group of friends - she hadn't seen the movie & we urged to do so. When asked later if she'd enjoyed it, it turned out she hadn't yet got round to watching it because the cover had put her off! Doh!

I am glad the book is back in print too - it (like the various versions of Hitch Hikers) is different but equally good fun.

May the Princess Bride continue to be available at your local video shop for three quid - that way, we can hope that everyone will eventually end up owning a copy.

smiley - fairy

Pity about the cover

Post 2

Mat Lindsay (the researcher formerly known as Nylarthotep...now he has a name, all he needs is a face)

Shhh...it's one of the best kept secrets in the world...like raisin and cinnomon bagels.

Pity about the cover

Post 3

Mat Lindsay (the researcher formerly known as Nylarthotep...now he has a name, all he needs is a face)

How bad is my spelling?!?

Pity about the cover

Post 4

Alfster

Having regaled the wonders of the film to friends recently, I gave the DVD to them and the lass said her husband looked at the cover and said: 'Still looks like a soppy love story to me.'

It's more a parody of love stories though.

They have yet to watch it though.

Key: Complain about this post