A Conversation for The Great British Breakfast

The Great Irish Breakfast

Post 1

Parental Guidance

In Ireland, almost exactly the same lethal combination is found with two important differences:

1) It'll be tea rather than coffee - the Irish are the world's top per capita tea-drinkers, and if you stay with an Irish family you'll often find that when you leave a mug long enough to cool down to a drinkable temperature, it'll be torn from your grasp with a friendly "will I get you a fresh one?", and replaced with something hot enough to generate large amounts of Brownian motion.

2) In addition to black pudding you get white pudding. This is another lethal sausage-type meat dish, made from finely minced pork, pork fat, and spices. If properly cooked it is crisp on the outside, squidgy on the inside, and delicious all the way through.

Post 2

Niallmc

And of course you get Irish sausages. They just don't make anything nearly as tasty anywhere else. I think THIS is the key to a great breakfast.

Post 3

Paul the Brake

I don't know what greasy spoons the writer of this forum has visited but if my bacon looked like it had been in the frying pan for more than 8 minutes I would return the order and demand freshly fried bacon, that's how we get it in essex anyway.
And all the cafe's know it where I live. they would soon be out of of business if the breakfasts whern't up to scratch.

White Pudding

Post 4

Zickalyv

I went to Ireland a few years ago, and I have to admit I thought white pudding was fantastic. However, I have never seen it sold in England. If anyone knows anywhere (particularly in the Leicestershire region) who sell it, I would be greatful to know.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more