This is the Message Centre for This Researcher is dead!

Hello!

Post 1

Existential Elevator

Hello!

*waves*

Was just doing my lurking rounds and thought I'd pop by to say hi smiley - smiley
I liked your poetry smiley - smiley
.....I guess by the name you like Monty Python smiley - winkeye

Hello!

Post 2

This Researcher is dead!

Hi! Thanks for the compilments regarding the poetry. You're one of the few... Tee hee...

Yes, I do like Monty Python. Like all good geeks of my ages, a reasonable grounding in their works is vital to maintain the geek status. (My employment histroy includes some time in computers, and I'm now doing a PhD in Computer Science...)

Cheers!

Hello!

Post 3

Existential Elevator

smiley - biggrin What's the 'tee hee' for<?> smiley - winkeye

smiley - laugh Very true smiley - smiley I'm a bit of a geek on the quiet... I guess I'm a closet geek smiley - erm

PhD in Computer Sciences<?> What's that like<?> smiley - smiley

Hello!

Post 4

This Researcher is dead!

The "tee hee" relates to the fact that *very* few people have ever commented on the poetry... It's o.k. to comment, it's just that it is rare!

A closet geek! My wardrobe includes at least two tee-shirts from ThinkGeek and one from The Register, and a Dilbert one... THat *must* make even my closet a geek!

For me a PhD in Computer Science is mainly about politics. Politicing between my department in the U.K. and U.S. Very tiresome and stressful. Not so much about "pure research" ad "white lab coats". I wish it were. Research is a human endeavour and as such the Scientific Method is corrupted with all that is human. I suppose that makes research less alien...

Hello!

Post 5

Existential Elevator

smiley - biggrin Well I thought 'twas good... Similar style to how I write smiley - smiley

smiley - laughsmiley - cool
You don't want to know what's in my closet.... I made quite a bit of it meself smiley - winkeye

That's a shame smiley - sadface Would probably be more enjoyable with more research.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for This Researcher is dead!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more