A Conversation for Dragonball Z:- The Anime TV Hit

Peer Review: A1147367 - Dragonball Z:- The Anime TV Hit

Post 1

[...]

Entry: Dragonball Z:- The Anime TV Hit - A1147367
Author: [HPB] Red Dwarf's Holly (ACE) [I'm a dude!] We need Jedi for our Academy at A1116622 - U198644

I'll do a character entry at some point but this is all i'm doing right now...

Which it needs to link to:
A1147439
A1147501
A1147619

A1147367 - Dragonball Z:- The Anime TV Hit

Post 2

J

Those entries are short enough so that you could compile them into one entry smiley - smiley That way you would have one really good entry that would get through PR quicker.

smiley - blacksheep

Post 3

[...]

THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ONE BIG ENTRY!!!!

but digiboxes only let you write so much!

Post 4

Sea Change

smiley - erm Can you cut and paste with a digibox? Now that the entries are written, you are no longer limited by how much you can type at one time.

In the intereset of full disclosure, I should tell you I have seen lots of Dragonball Z entries in Peer Review, and no Researchers who have written them have shown the slightest interest, patience, cooperativeness, or understanding towards getting them into the Edited Guide. I am biased against you from the start, even though after reading all those articles I have finally gained some interest and understanding of the subject.

Since this article is incomplete, I fail to see the point in talking about it.

The other entries you have made are listed as not-for-review. I fail to see the point of talking about them, since they cannot be accepted separately as non-reviewed articles.

I am also much too lazy to shift back and forth between entries with my very slow dial-up connection.

Post 5

[...]

No I can't cut and paste... but a Sub-Ed could.

I wrote this because the other entries weren't that could good...

This article isn't incomplete but in quarters.

They can be talked about, but in here....

And the last one's your problem!

Post 6

The Professor

please, never refer to manga as a comic strip. something more like "...its beginnings in manga (footnote)..."

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum

Post 7

[...]

But it is a comic strip... but over pages... backwards!

Post 8

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Good article's... perhaps a little bit more depth about the different sagas though/ a bit more detail about the character profiles (particularly Vageta me thinks).

You could always get someone else in to make it into one entry, list them as a researcher and that.

Post 9

The Professor

because it is like western comic strips, doesn't negate the fact that is indeed manga and should be referred to as such. If you say "comic strip," then readers A)will be led to believe it's american and B)won't know that it is manga. There are different styles of drawing. Two that are important here. while variations on these styles are common, the basic theme is still there. American comics are one thing, and manga, is Japanese, and a totally different style of art.

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum

Post 10

[...]

I haven't done character profiles... I'm doing them seprerate!

As for the Manga... I've said it's Japanese so Manga is presumed.

Post 11

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

The way HPB has the entries separately is *absolutely* no problem. People in PR should look at the entries as if they are all strung together into one big one, and comment accordingly.

If the entry is picked, it is this current entry that would be recommended, with a note flagging the sub-editor as to what was going on. The sub-editor, not working from a digibox, could easily collapse all the entries together. This has been done before, and is okay.

If it will be easier on people here in PR, I will put together a test entry that has all the entries into one -- however, the author won't have edit access to the entry, so any changes made will be to the entries listed in Post 1, not the one I'm creating. If time allows, I will update the test entry to reflect the changes in the split entries, but I can't guarantee how prompt I will be.

Anyway, look here for what it would look like all strung together:

A1166528

smiley - mouse

Post 12

[...]

So why doesn't some scout pick it?! smiley - biggrin

Post 13

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Just because it's okay for all the entries to be strung together like that doesn't mean that no one has had (or is going to) have other comments about the entry, things that need some work.

Personally, I agree with the person who commented about making it clear when it's manga you're talking about -- it's not something the whole world is familiar with.

For what it's worth, I *do* think this is the best entry I've seen you submit to PR so far -- I just think there are still a few things that need tweaking.

smiley - 2cents from smiley - mouse

Post 14

Hmm...

Even after reading it in one entry I still feel that a little more depth about the characters is needed, the entry seems a little incomplete to me.

I rather feel that DBZ is very character driven and therefore to give a good "feel" for the programme any entry about it would have to include at least limited character profiles. This entry is not so long that they could not be included.

BTW

I think this is an excellent entry that will have pride of place in the EG when finished smiley - wow!

Post 15

[...]

Oh dear.... I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to characters!

Post 16

Of course it is your entry and ultimatly up to you; but I feel the entry would read better and be easier to understand for the educated lay wo/man if it included a bit of depth about the people in dragon ball Z. Certainly the important characters like Goku, Gohan, Vageta and Crillen.

Still I like it anyway but I have seen a lot of the programme.

Post 17

[...]

*sigh* I'll put the characters in but it'll make the entry huge for discriptions.... especially since I'll have to explain super saiyans!

Post 18

Hell on such an important topic it need to be huge smiley - winkeye!

Post 19

[...]

Mm... yes.

But I can't be expected to be biased when it comes to saying who Vegeta is!

Post 20

[...]

A1167527
A1167653

Would the Humming Mouse mind adding these to the trial entry please??

I need to see the length, as I do feel that I need to do a seperate entry on characters...

Key: Complain about this post