This is the Message Centre for pigeonrat

What the 'ell am I doing here?

Post 1

pigeonrat

Okay, so it's another *BEAUTIFUL* Saturday in LA. Low 70s (Fahrenheit), sunny, cool breeze just in from the coast. And I'm sitting in my office typing on the computer. I should be hiking in the Santa Monica mountains (Love Tippet ranch) or sitting at a beach-front cafe scoping the beautiful people as I pretend to read an intersting novel.

So, do you like to do on a lazy Saturday in LA (or wherever you hail from)?

Choices?

Post 2

dim12trav

We all have choices and those are the ones you made. It doesn't mean they are bad choices unless you desire to meet the media generated and twisted expectations of the world. However the other possibility is that the rewards you get from doing what it is you do, far out weigh the results of the other choices (I suspect they do or you wouldn't be doing them.) Isn't life wonderful we truly get what we want. Part of your equation though is the Los Angeles part (OH well)

In my case I go to the cinema and watch movies. My income limits my choices (not forever though). Classes start on Tuesday and I cant go very far but I will enjoy a special barbeque Monday with my family. Temperatures in the low 90's hazy because of the forrest fires but otherwise great day. Mars is out also.

All is not at peace with the world but that is not my fault, so I dont worry (too much), but personally I do as well as I can.

Quizical heaven

Post 3

pigeonrat

Oh, I know my choices are perfectly reasonable, and I'm perfectly happy with them. I guess I was just sharing my happiness in having so many wonderful things to do to chose from. And that I was very content to be in my office, especially considering the wonderful view I have of UCLA's north campus from my windows. It is an embarrassment of riches living in LA. I'm continually being surprised at how much I love it here, having lived here for about two years now.

My friends and I discovered an amazing Japanese restaurant at 424 Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica called Musha. We had five very different courses, ranging from seared tuna to pollenta to some of the best sushimi I've had yet to pork and potatoes to (I can't remember the last dish). Always something new (to me) to discover around every corner.

I do miss the family barbeques, though. Enjoy yours!

Quizical heaven

Post 4

pigeonrat

Oh, I know my choices are perfectly reasonable, and I'm perfectly happy with them. I guess I was just sharing my happiness in having so many wonderful things to do to chose from. And that I was very content to be in my office, especially considering the wonderful view
I have of UCLA's north campus from my windows. It is an embarrassment of riches living in LA. I'm continually being surprised at how much I love it here, having lived here for about two years now.

My friends and I discovered an amazing Japanese restaurant at 424 Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica called Musha. We had five very different courses, ranging from seared tuna to polenta to some of the best sashimi I've had yet to pork and potatoes to (I can't remember the last dish). Always something new (to me) to discover around every corner.

Quizical heaven

Post 5

pigeonrat

Oh, I know my choices are perfectly reasonable, and I'm perfectly happy with them. I guess I was just sharing my happiness in having so many wonderful things to do to chose from. And that I was very content to be in my office, especially considering the wonderful view I have of UCLA's north campus from my windows. It is an embarrassment of riches living in LA. I'm continually being surprised at how much I love it here, having lived here for about two years now.

My friends and I discovered an amazing Japanese restaurant at 424 Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica called Musha. We had five very different courses, ranging from seared tuna to pollenta to some of the best sushimi I've had yet to pork and potatoes to (I can't remember the last dish). Always something new (to me) to discover around every corner.

Quizical heaven

Post 6

dim12trav

I got three copies of your response.

I'm happy for you and your Japanese gourmand go for it!

Quizical heaven

Post 7

dim12trav

Quizical heaven

Post 8

dim12trav

three of everything

Post 9

dim12trav

It seems that the h2g2 server is multiplying all the responses three times whoopee

three of everything

Post 10

pigeonrat

Must be eddies in the virtual space current.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for pigeonrat

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more