A Conversation for String Quartets

Writing Workshop: A1139492 - String Quartets

Post 1

White Hole (Write a Haiku!)

Entry: String Quartets - A1139492
Author: White Hole (Write a Haiku!) - U225119

Here's the basics on string quartets, I'm still working on it, so ideas are appreciated!

A1139492 - String Quartets

Post 2

J

I like it! PR as soon as you're finished working I'd say

Two things,

eb-->be

Why is the section in parenthesis in a blockquote? Couldn't it be added to the text? smiley - smiley

Good work.

smiley - blacksheep

Post 3

Gubernatrix

I agree with Jodan that this is almost Peer-Review-ready but I would change the emphasis of the title to something like 'Playing in a String Quartet'.

Otherwise people reading the title might be expecting to find an erudite disquisition on Beethoven, Brahmns, Schubert, Haydn and the other great chamber music writers.

I'd steer clear of this (as you have done) unless you are very confident in your musicology as there are a lot of classical music buffs on this site who know a helluva lot!

However, as an entry on actually playing in one, it's very interesting and I don't think you'd have much more to add!smiley - ok

Gubernatrix

Post 4

J

We need some good entries in PR, and much further comment would probably be found in Peer Review

I say submit it smiley - smiley Any quibbles we have are minor ones. smiley - ok

smiley - blacksheep

Post 5

Cyzaki

Author has elvised and I think this is already in the EG so back to entry?

smiley - panda

Post 6

GreyDesk

Yes. Take it away.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for String Quartets

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more