A Conversation for The story so far...

Once Upon a Time

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It needs paragraph formatting.
smiley - nahnah

Once Upon a Time

Post 2

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

That, and a good editor. But I'm most fascinated by the points where the story splits. Like what happened to Tim, the bookmaker's runner?
smiley - dog

Once Upon a Time

Post 3

Coniraya

This could be the greatest collaborative entry ever!

Once Upon a Time

Post 4

Courtesy38

Great job dE.

Courtesy

Once Upon a Time

Post 5

It's a function of simulposting I'm afraid, that some plot points get buried. In a way, it reminds me of those experiments where they set a bunch of minibots loose in an arena and wait to see who survives....

Still, you did a great job here, d'E. Have you the strength to continue? smiley - silly

Once Upon a Time

Post 6

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Absolutely. I'm somehow enjoying it. I'm going to change the format to GuideML, give everyone credit, and maybe even include paragraph breaks. smiley - biggrin

I think of the breaks in the story as a Garden of Forking Paths. Somewhere an alternate universe has split off in which those stories continue. smiley - weird
smiley - dog

Once Upon a Time

Post 7

Garius Lupus

smiley - yikes Forking Paths! Good thing the moderators went home.

Nice work, d'E. I like the idea of different stories in different universes. And I love this sort of game, Lil. smiley - biggrin

Once Upon a Time

Post 8

If we want to maintain intellectual altertness, I need to keep the salonistas on their toes. In an alternate universe, where we are all in a real atelier, I have probably hostess-bullied everyone into playing charades.

*stops to imagine that alternate universe* smiley - yikes

Once Upon a Time

Post 9

Hoon

Good game, can I join in the next one, please?

Once Upon a Time

Post 10

Why not join the present one? We're over at A304354 at my salon, and you are certainly welcome to join us there.

I don't believe we've been introduced: I'm Asteroid Lil, Duchess of Munchkinstein, hostess of Lil's Atelier. Pleased to meet you.

Once Upon a Time

Post 11

Hoon

I'm very pleased to meet you, you sound very grand. I'm just a humble tree spirit. Take a walk in my garden sometime and you'll see. I'll come over to the site and have a look....

Once Upon a Time

Post 12

Titania (gone for lunch)

Allow me to introduce you - Lil, this is Hoon, formerly known as Mystic Martin...

Hoon, I believe you've posted at the Atelier before?

Once Upon a Time

Post 13

Oh, I'm not grand, I just carry the sort of air a hostess needs to, well, to look grand.

Trees are my very favorite entities! We have a magic wood half-surrounding the CLI building, so I hope you will feel at home.

I hope you don't have any problem with the word "backlog."

Once Upon a Time

Post 14

Hoon

I don't remember posting here before, I'm still not sure what I'm doing. Interesting though...if i do something I'm not supposed to, I'm sure you'll let me know anyway.

Once Upon a Time

Post 15

Hoon

Really liked the adawork picture.

Have to go now, pleasure chatting with you all, will drop in again soon....bye!

Once Upon a Time

Post 16

FG

It *is* quite a saga. Do you think we will ever find a publisher for it someday?

Once Upon a Time

Post 17

The BBC is our publisher. smiley - smiley It even has a copyright notice already.

Once Upon a Time

Post 18

Paragraph formatting!
smiley - dog

Once Upon a Time

Post 19

Let me! Let me!
smiley - run

Once Upon a Time

Post 20

jr52

ting-
ummm... you wouldn't REALLY make us play charades, would you? I've always kind of thought of you as one least able to precipitate heinous tortures upon your friends and acquaintances. PLEASE, tell me i'm not mistaken in my assessment. even in a gardenan (or should that be: Gordian?) knot of forking (hehehechucklechuckle "he said 'forking' " snickersnicker [not the candy bar]) path universes I just cannot realistically entertain such a concept. n'est-ce pas? (with furtive looks over both shoulders, for lurking moderators. [a feat not easily accomplished with only one head] )
I suspect such considerations are causing those tremors in the underpinnings of MY universe, and that does create an unsettling sensation in my tummy. so, please, set my mind, and universe, at rest and banish such a foolish and dreadful notion as making your guests play charades. one might even think about making it a RULE, right up there on the sign after 'no spitting'. (could maybe write it on a bunch of those rainbow colored post-its and stick them around h2g2.) I'm serious,(well, not really, i'm still just 'jr') this is causing me a small measure of anxiety, and I do not have ready or reliable access to Xanax.
pretty please?
by the way, where are all these white mice coming from and why are they all over the place? just asking..
a-ling

Key: Complain about this post