A Conversation for Bookcrossing

Are we the only h2g2 BookCrossers?

Post 1

PostMuse

Hi there Lindlec smiley - smiley I don't come to h2g2 nearly as much as I used to, but I do pop in now and again. I wonder if there would be any interest in an official Guide entry for BookCrossing. Not sure if that violates any of the BBC House Rules. Will have to check on that...and maybe we could collaborate....

Post 2

loopy1

Well well, bookcrossing popping up everywhere smiley - biggrin
I just found this place tonight, and then I bump into you two.
I read an article about h2g2 in a writing magazine. How did you hear about it?
loopy1

Post 3

Lindlec - waiting for the weekend!!

Hi Loopy,

I heard about H2G2 from the Big Read site on BBC. I think we are the only bookcrossers - as no one else replied to my post. Great to know I'm not the only one though.

Post 4

Lindlec - waiting for the weekend!!

Hi Zmrzlina,

I don't tend to pop in here very often at all now - so thats why it took so long to reply. I can't see why BBC would not accept a guide.

Post 5

PostMuse

Gosh, took me forever to remember my password for this site. I'd love to do an entry for BC, but have to reread all the guidelines and stuff since it has all changed so much since I used to hang out here all the time.

So, now there are three of us. If I write something up, I'll post the link in case you want to contribute smiley - smiley

Post 6

sandyundead

One more - and it's taken me ages to get on here - I havn't been on h2g2 for absolutely ages - so long that i couldn't remember my password, and had to reregister! I discovered bookcrossing in December, just in time for a 4 month bookless trip abroad smiley - wah and am now trying my hardest to spread the word (and the books of course!).
sandyundead

Post 7

U187657

Aha! - I'm not the only irregular H2G2 visitor! I just found book crossingtoo, and I am using it as a way to pare down my far too large collection of books after moving to a new, smaller house: honestly, it's sad - I have a book at the rate of one per week for over 20 years! - that's over a thousand books!!

Post 8

U187657

Aha! - I'm not the only irregular H2G2 visitor! I just found book crossing too, and I am using it as a way to pare down my far too large collection of books after moving to a new, smaller house: honestly, it's sad - I have a book at the rate of one per week for over 20 years! - that's over a thousand books!!

Post 9

Cyzaki

I'm a bookcrosser!

If anyone wants to write an entry, give me a yell and I'll help. If not, I'll probably write one of my own and stick it in PR smiley - smiley

smiley - panda

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bookcrossing

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more