A Conversation for Cello Club

Join Here

Post 1

White Hole (Write a Haiku!)

Sign up here, and someone will be around soon to add you into the list. If you find yourself waiting outside for too long, just give me a yell: U225119

Join Here

Post 2

CelloCelloCello

Name: Erin (CelloCelloCello)
U-Number:232319
Favorite Cello Piece/Composer:Bach's Cello Suites and Hadyn's Cello Concerto in C Major

A cello club! How cool! Is there mention of it in the classified ads in the newletter? I'm just trying to think of ways to get the message out to other cellists about the club.

Erin

Join Here

Post 3

CelloCelloCello

Name: Erin (CelloCelloCello)
U-Number:232319
Favorite Cello Piece/Composer:Bach's Cello Suites and Hadyn's Cello Concerto in C Major

A cello club! How cool! Is there mention of it in the classified ads in the newletter? I'm just trying to think of ways to get the message out to other cellists about the club.

Erin

Join Here

Post 4

Hello, welcome, etc.!
I haven't gotten in touch with the Musician's Guild yet, but I'm working on that as I'm researching the ramifications of the club. Thanks for the idea!

Join Here

Post 5

For those of you listening, the cello club is going official! Let's hear a big cheer!

I can't hear you...

Join Here

Post 6

Miranda (Make tea! Yes, Cissdur, it's still me)

Name:Miranda
U-Number:178876
Favorite Cello Piece/Composer:Oh, that's a hard one!! J.S.Bach's C minor suite is rather nice... also the Debussy sonata, the Elgar concerto, Pärt's Spiegel im Spiegel... um, how many am I allowed to list? smiley - smiley maybe I should restrict myself to saying that I love the cello, playing it (and teaching others to play) is my job actually...and I haven't tired of it yet! smiley - smiley

Join Here

Post 7

Oh, sorry:

THREE CHEERS FOR THE CELLO CLUB!!

smiley - cheerssmiley - cheerssmiley - cheers

M

Join Here

Post 8

Thank you for joining! Thanks to you, we now have a leaderboard up for our favorite pieces, most of which are organized thus because of the order in which I saw them. Actually, all of them but the suites and The Swan have one vote.

Oh, and thanks for the cheers!

smiley - cheerssmiley - cheerssmiley - cheers

W_H

Join Here

Post 9

How about that jam session?

smiley - musicalnotesmiley - smileysmiley - musicalnotesmiley - winkeyesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - ermsmiley - musicalnotesmiley - coolsmiley - musicalnotesmiley - cheerupsmiley - musicalnotesmiley - wahsmiley - musicalnotesmiley - biggrinsmiley - musicalnotesmiley - blushsmiley - musicalnotesmiley - magicsmiley - musicalnote

Join Here

Post 10

Arwen, Queen of Reunited Gondor and Arnor

Name:Arwen
U-Number:220620
Favorite Cello Piece/Composer:J.S. Bach's cello suites

Join Here

Post 11

Good to have you, Arwen! It seems to me that you'll be very welcome in the club, seeing as your favorite composer is Bach, like most of us here.

Thanks for joining!

W_H

Join Here

Post 12

alouette222

Name:Hayley
U-Number:alouette222
Favorite Cello Piece/Composer:mendelssohn song without words/ bach suite no.1 prelude of course...and the elgar, not that I can play it

Join Here

Post 13

alouette222

Oops, sorry, didn;t really get that. My number is 549241!

Join Here

Post 14

Welcome, Arwen and Alouette!

We'll be a real cello ensemble soon... smiley - smiley

M

Join Here

Post 15

Arwen, Queen of Reunited Gondor and Arnor

WOO! Cello ensemble! smiley - ok I've been trying to convince a few of the cellists in my orch that we should start a cello quartet, but none of them are really paying any attention, which makes me sad. smiley - wah Oh well! Yeah, the elgar is very nice, but it's well out of my ability range. I just played the 3rd & 4th movements of beethoven's 5th quite recently. i love that cello part!!! That was a whole lot of fun. Anyway, cellos unite!

Join Here

Post 16

Cello quartet is great! The lovely, deep resonance, the impressive tonal and dynamic range...yes, indeed! smiley - smiley Even better: eight cellists! Or twelve! Villa-Lobos' Bachiana Brasileira (with a singer as guest)or Arvo Pärt's Fratres might be a good choice... smiley - musicalnote

Join Here

Post 17

sane rain meanders on

Name:sane rain meanders on
U-Number:U778014
Favorite Cello Piece/Composer: the Bach suites

Join Here

Post 18

Annamorphism

Name:Anna
U-Number:
Favorite Cello Piece/Composer:Bach's Suite No.1

Join Here

Post 19

Annamorphism

The villa lobos
Is a very good piece to
play--non-solo too

A Lone Viola-Player...

Post 20

luciblack

Hi. Am new n looking at soc.s but try as I might I can't find a viola guildsmiley - sadface. Wondered if there was room in the cello club? I am techniucally first and foremost a cellist since it was my first instrument, learnt from the age of 8 but I had to give it up. I still play (or attempt to play) my sister's cello now and then tho.

Key: Complain about this post