A Conversation for The Clarinet

Don't panic.

Post 1

melvan

I started playing the clarinet when I was 11, and it wasn't too easy for me, either. I remember being out of breath after playing only whole notes for my first lesson. But it will get better, as long as you keep practicing every day. And that part can be a royal pain, but it'll make you a better player.

Don't panic.

Post 2

Natski

Hmmm . . . practice. I hadn't thought of that! smiley - smiley Actually, I think my mistake was NOT starting to learn at 11. I waited until 28. Big mistake! Luckily my teacher has a hearty sense of humour. She needs it. But I've vowed not to give up until I've mastered it so my neighbours had better get used to the screeching.

(thank you for the encouragement though - I need every little bit I can get!)

Don't panic.

Post 3

sunsetstars02

I have been playing clarinet for 4 years and I'm first chair in 9th grade band...if that helps, I can answer any questions you all have.smiley - smiley
Allison

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more