This is the Message Centre for pamelamaesteg

Valley's girls rule

Post 1

cyberhippychick

Hi,
Just thought I'd leave you a message as another poetry lover who was born in Maesteg.
Am currently living in Port Talbot (house number 5 in three years! - don't ask)
Kinda miss the old valley but not enough to ever want to live there again! Found your entry on the town quite nostalgic, all the old legends were there.
Bit of a newcomer to h2g2 so won't say too much. hope to hear from ya soon.
Bev

Valley's girls rule

Post 2

pamelamaesteg

Hi Bev.smiley - smiley.
Good to hear from you. Hope you are finding your way around h2g2 smiley - ok. Pamela smiley - dragon

Valley's girls rule

Post 3

astrolog

Hi Pam, how's life treating you? I've updated my website @ http://www.aljis.co.uk

BTW have a look at 'The h2g2 Researchers' Map' @ A5076614

Valley's girls rule

Post 4

pamelamaesteg

Hi Astro,smiley - smiley
I found your website. It's a bit big for my Internet box to cope with, but I managed it. I've signed your guestbook.
I couldn't get the map page though.

While I'm here, do you know why a message on Mi-Amigo's page says it was from P.O.V.smiley - huh I know it was posted from h2g2 .I never have got the hang of conversation threads here.
Pamela.

Valley's girls rule

Post 5

astrolog

P.O.V. is Points of View, Pam.

alji

Valley's girls rule 2

Post 6

cyberhippychick

Not finding my way around very well at all, thanks for asking - seem to be constantly confused about threads and conversations. Haven't been online for a while cos after I read your page I thought I'd go back for a visit, after a two day adjustment to living with my sister for the visit quite enjoyed it.
Decided aging is a nightmare, visited by grandad who seems to get older by the day! He seemed so big and strong when I was a kid?
Then again, my mum's decided to remarry at 55 (approx)so it can't all be down hill. She's also given up her HRT so all she did during my visit was talk about flushes. Can't wait for that - as if periods aren't bad enough there's that to look forward to.
God! I'm a misery tonight! Better go, in case it's contagious!
TTFN Bev

Valley's girls rule 2

Post 7

pamelamaesteg

Hi. I still get confused with the conversations. All the posts from the BBC message boards come out on the pages here as well now, so it's got more complicated.
All the conversations you post to will come up on your own space, so you can keep track of them there.smiley - ok

I looked for your space ,but whatever you wrote has been hidden for the moment. smiley - erm I didn't think you'd been here long enough to upset the Mods. What did you say.smiley - huh I hope it gets sorted out soon.
Did you notice the 'improvements' they are doing in Maesteg town centre. You couldn't really miss the road works.smiley - yikes They seem to be taking forever.
Got to go smiley - zzz now. Goodnight.
Pamela smiley - dragon

Valley's girls rule 2

Post 8

cyberhippychick

Yes the road works are just silly they aren't just taking forever to fix the roads - it also takes forever to get along commercial street, which as it's the main road seems ludicrous. The small businesses and shops in that street were stuggling before they dramatically buggered up the passing trade!!
I told my sister I was talking to you (cos everyone in Maesteg knows everyone else - and all thier business) she said I should ask if you know my mum as your about the same age. But I feel like if you know her or if she knows you then you might judge me by how mental she is (ha! ha!)and I might judge you by some malicious Maesteg gossip that somebody heard from someone else.
Even if you don't know my mum there's just no escaping her anyhow, she works in the British Red Cross shop in town and probably tells any one who comes in all her business. (and she'll be flapping a brouchure at her face as a fan and moaning about 'hot flushes')
My profile page thing is a complete mystery to me and I haven't added any thing to it. Can't really think of anything to add - maybe I'm just too boring. I suppose I could put pictures of my lovely children and talk about how boring my degree course is - if only I knew how!!
Talking of which I should probably get back too my studies, new terms starts soon and I have lot's of 200 yr old books to read.
TTFN
Bev

Valley's girls rule 2

Post 9

pamelamaesteg

Hi Bev.If you read the Welcome message on your page it gives you all the info about writing here. Spicing Up Your User Page A690518 is a great help. I'm afraid you can't put your own pics here ,only those from the h2g2 picture library. smiley - sorry about that.
I think I do know your mum. Is her name Susan.smiley - huh Did you used to live in a street with the river at one end and a corner shop at the other. smiley - huh do you remember someone in the next street with birthday cards. smiley - boing ME. Small world isn't it. smiley - smiley
If none of that makes sense, I've got the wrong person, but I think I'm right. Pamela smiley - dragon

Removed

Post 10

cyberhippychick

This post has been removed.

Valley's girls rule 2

Post 11

pamelamaesteg

Hi bev. I didn't have a very good week. Had awful toothachesmiley - wah Bit better now ,thank goodness, as I had tickets for the Elvis Fesival in Porthcawl. Went tonight (Saturday) Great show.smiley - wow Seven different Elvis Tribute stars. Going again tomorrow. Different show with Craig Parker as Elvis.
The kids you remember from swimming club were Ceri, Mark and Neil Rees. They're not relations but their Mum is a good friend of ours, and they all used to call to our house every week on their way home from the pool. They lived down Heol Fain. It's their mum, Carol that I went to Porthcawl with.

I still live in Greenfield with my psrents. my Dad will soon be 80.
I don't know of any poems about Llan, except for the ones by Wil Hopkin and they're in Welsh. I'm embarassed to say I don't speak it. Do you have to do Poetry for your studies.
Smileys are pretty easy. Click this number A155909 and you'll get pages of them. Make a note of the ones you want most. You just put the word with < > either side.
Going to smiley - zzz now. Bye for now. Pamela smiley - dragon

Valley's girls rule 2

Post 12

cyberhippychick

Glad you enjoyed your Elvis night, my father in law is a big fan. But the festival in Porthcawl coincides with his anniversary every year so I don't know if he'll have gone.
No, I don't study anything with peotry in it at the moment but considering my love of the subject it's something to think about for next years module choices.
Sorry to hear about the tooth ache - I've had one myself recently and our new house is about 5 miles from my old dentist so I don't know when I'll get round to seeing him.
Better go - crying baby! Sorry
Bev

Valley's girls rule 2

Post 13

pamelamaesteg

Hi Bev,
Best Wishes for Christmas smiley - hollysmiley - mistletoesmiley - snowmansmiley - xmastree and A Happy New Year smiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly
I haven't heard from you for a while. I expect you've been busy studying.Hope everything's smiley - ok.All the best. Pamela smiley - dragon

Valley's girls rule 2

Post 14

The Guild of Wizards

Have a good Christmas Pam! smiley - crackerBest wishes for the New Year.

Alansmiley - holly

Valley's girls rule 2

Post 15

The Guild of Wizards

A seasonal poem from Matholwch @ F97290?thread=1716332

Alansmiley - wizard

Valley's girls rule 2

Post 16

pamelamaesteg

Hello Alan,
Best Wishes.smiley - cracker I'm not sure if you celebrate Christmas or Solstice but I hope you have an enjoyable time.

I was interested in Matholwch's page. Seems a good way of thinking.
Pam is the Welsh word for 'Why' and I think I was well-named as I have always been inquisitive.
Pam. smiley - huhsmiley - dragon

Valley's girls rule 2

Post 17

astrolog

Both Pam! BTW I heard you phone in to Chris.

Alansmiley - holly

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for pamelamaesteg

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more