This is the Message Centre for Icy North

Brainstorm 2 - Who are h2g2's potential customers?

Post 21

You can call me TC

Small businesses with an original idea, charities.

Post 22

Icy North

That raises significant editorial issues, but it's certainly an alternative vision.

Post 23

bobstafford

Thanks TC spot on and small or family owned strapped for cash museums or "good causes" of any sort smiley - ok anything that raise our profilesmiley - cheers

Post 24

Deek

Has anyone ever analysed the edited entries to see which type of entry is visited most? eg recipes or walks or... 'whatever'.

If that's known maybe it would give an idea what sort of entries would be most 'profitable'.

Post 25

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Good point.

Post 26

SashaQ - happysad

There is this A87791953

We also used to have a social media thing in Pliny, where it would say how many Likes a page had, and that would be a proxy for how many people read it, but it seems to be broken since the Vogon infestation...

Up to date Analytics would be really interesting, and hopefully that will be something that is part of the forthcoming discussion smiley - geeksmiley - biggrin

Post 27

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Vogon infestation? smiley - bigeyes

[smiley - run to write a song about how vogons spend Christmas....]

Post 28

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Posts #7 and #8 have potential - to my view. But how does one propagate sites across the web? I have no idea there.

Another point that might be included - while 90-odd% of entries are UK-centric, it is an international base

Post 29

Icy North

It's very easy to get bogged down in technology and trends. All good businesses come from a simple idea. The technology oils the wheels of getting the customers and the products to engage, but in the end the idea is simple.

Maybe we need to examine Douglas's basic idea and see if it still applies in the way that h2g2 has implemented it. I think I'll start a separate thread for that, and leave this one to continue to capture ideas about potential customers.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Icy North

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more