This is the Message Centre for Icy North

Just a Thought

Post 1

Icy North

No time for a long journal today, sorry. Just a thought:

If you were born on the day that Freddie Mercury died, then today you'd be holding your 21st birthday party.

Well, it's a theme...

Just a Thought

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Blimey.... and I was alive when he died... which makes me... blimey... I wasn't 21 then, this year? smiley - yikessmiley - sillysmiley - wah

Just a Thought

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Just a Thought

Post 4

benjaminpmoore

Don't worry 2legs, you are 21, you just probably got one of those 'the year you were born' videos and remember it very well as a result.

Just a Thought

Post 5

yes! yes! that must be it! smiley - erm
Although... and I know I'm bad at maths... But I recall my brother being born... and I could have sworn he's both quite a bit younger than me, and in his mid twentys... smiley - erm naa... I must have imagined that too... probably smiley - zensmiley - silly

Just a Thought

Post 6

scorp

Like Victor Meldrew - I cannot belieeeeeeeeeeeeeve it is really 21 years since that fatal day. I was xx years old and Mercury was brilliant - oh that voice!smiley - wah

Just a Thought

Post 7

I remember it very clearly... and sadly... smiley - cry Still enjoy the music, even after the however many years of exposure I've had to it I continue to find new things hidden within the songs... smiley - musicalnote

Just a Thought

Post 8

You can call me TC

Sasha Baron Cohen is going to play him in a biopic, they have been saying. When's that coming out?

Just a Thought

Post 9

Icy North

No idea, but I've been waiting years for Steve Coogan to play Eddie the Eagle.

smiley - ski

Just a Thought

Post 10

Deb

Wow. 21 years. That's kinda scary.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Just a Thought

Post 11

SashaQ - happysad

"Still enjoy the music, even after the however many years of exposure I've had to it I continue to find new things hidden within the songs... smiley - musicalnote"

I'm the same - I was around in 1991, and did hear about the sad day, but I didn't become a Queen fan until 1995 so it slightly passed me by at the time. Still gets to me when I read about it in biographies, etc, though smiley - cry but the music and the magic lives on smiley - magic

Just a Thought

Post 12

I was listening since the 80's.... and recall the Wembley 86 (or was it 87?) concert... sadly I was a bit too young to have gone smiley - wahsmiley - doh One of the first groups I got into, and still listen to now smiley - weird

Just a Thought

Post 13

Baron Grim

The "Untitled Freddie Mercury Project" is in pre-production and slated for a 2014 release. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727824/

Just a Thought

Post 14

Titania (gone for lunch)

(smiley - strawberry)

Key: Complain about this post