A Conversation for The Magnificent Seven (1960)

Peer Review: A1113580 - The Magnificent Seven (1960)

Post 1

PhantomObserver

Entry: The Magnificent Seven (1960) - A1113580
Author: PhantomObserver - U232722

Another movie entry, and the first one I tried using the tabling Guide ML format. Comments are always welcome.

A1113580 - The Magnificent Seven (1960)

Post 2

Jimi X

A very nice tribute to a classic Western. Thoughtful and with a good amount of detail!

I wasn't sure about where you say 'Western influences in his film had them reconsidering the film as a Western'

Are both 'Western' references to cowboys/gunslingers or is the first one referring to 'Western culture' and the second to 'gunslingers'?

smiley - cheers

- Jimi X

Post 3

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Neat! smiley - smiley

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 4

PhantomObserver

Point taken. I've re-written that sentence -- does it express the idea better?

Post 5

Z

Hi this is a great entry, so all the commments I've got to make are of the pedantic sort, and would frankly be sorted by a sub editor in five mintues. Don't let them get you down!

There's no need to start off introduction with a header tag, it's in the writing guidlines, (and looks better) if you start off with just the introduction.

Any chance of putting a footnote with the transalation of gaijin?

Other than that it's pretty good... There's perhaps a few two many clauses in ()
s some of them could be enclosed within comma's instead or footnotes could be used.'

BUt don't be disheartened this is good, really really good...

Post 6

PhantomObserver

All right, I've amended the beginning, and also added a paragraph about legal status (there was a question of re-make rights that came up a few years ago; the paragraph touches upon that.)

Post 7

xyroth

mentioning the remake rights brings up a point about another film.

"battle beyond the stars" was another remake (this time in a sci-fi genre. as the production of this film pre-dates the court case, is this also an illegally made film?

Post 8

PhantomObserver

There are plot similarities (including the use of Robert Vaughan) but there's enough differences in plot detail that Kurosawa Production would not have brought legal action. Ditto MGM.

Post 9

McKay The Disorganised

Great entry smiley - ok

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 11

Jimi X

Congratulations! smiley - bubbly

This was a real cracking good entry! Looking forward to seeing it on the front page...

Post 12

Gordon, Ringer of Bells, Keeper of Postal Codes and Maps No One Can Re-fold Properly

Congratulations! smiley - bubbly

This entry jumped out of PR when I was looking. smiley - ok

smiley - teasmiley - towel

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Magnificent Seven (1960)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more