Post 1

Jack Point

Anybody know the precise technical differences between: apartments, condos,
townhouses, and duplexes/triplexes/n-plexes? I've been trying to figure this
out for a long time.

apts/condos/townhouses/etc.

Post 2

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

,,,and while you are working that out, is their any difference between a townhouse and the bungalow next door except age?

Post 3

Kilgore Trout

An apartment is a general term.
A flat is just that - a single level apartment.
A townhouse is a two or more story apartment, and a townhome is usually the same thing but for purchase instead of lease.
A condo is usually another word for townhome, but not always; see also patio home.
A plex is a division of a home / apartment building / multi-family dwelling.

All of the above are amazing ways to make lots of money, given that you own the property in question. If you are the poor sod who signed the lease, it's better than a drug habit as a means of throwing away money.

Post 4

Wow. What are you like on villas, semi-detached, infill, cottages, baches, cribs, units, ignoring me.

Post 5

bernee

what do you call a bit of plastic stretched over a park bench? When it rains the laptop fills with water!

Post 6

In the country I believe they are called pig sties. As for the city we will have to wait for the expert to return

Post 7

Crow the Cat

Here in the southern US we have perhaps the most quaint of portable rental units; the trailer or mobile home. It is neither. They are pretty much assembled at a trailer "park" (not a park at all), and left to settle into the ground, after which another one is assembled on top of the ruins of the previous one. This is also predominately true of the people who live and breed in them. These people are known as Rednecks. Their habits and history are best documented in the novel Celebration, by Harry Crews, Simon & Schuster, 1998. Rednecks are best known for such sayings as: "As soon as we win the lottery, we’re gettin’ all new stuff for the trailer." A typical evening spent in a "trailer park" is generally accompanied by a lot of beer drinking, dog barking and random shooting.

Post 8

We have a similar place in New Zealand. It is located in South Auckland and it is where a lot of the Polynesians live. Very colourful if you enjoy spray can art.

Post 9

bernee

many people live in apartmemts in Shanghai - matter of fact the average living space is 6 sq metres per person. las tyear they bulldozed approx. 1,000,000 od 'unsatisfactory' housing. It has bee raining here for 10 days and looks very much like Venice (without the churches or the other problems associated with plaes of worship)

Post 10

A good millenium project would be to put the leaders of all the main religions and most of the minor ones on a deserted island somewhere in the Pacific with the bare necessities of life. Give them a year to sort thier differences out then pick them up again. 1st sign of trouble back to the island.

Post 11

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Nice one! Made me laugh.

Post 12

Kilgore Trout

As for the plastic sheeting (viskween) stretched over a park bench, I call that home.

Post 13

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Well at least the plastic will keep your computer dry.

Post 14

Spaceechik, Typomancer

I've also heard it said that "it aint home until you take the wheels off" smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post