This is the Message Centre for The Duke of Dunstable

Share your favourite scene

Post 1

The Duke of Dunstable

We all have them. At a party we might give a friend a nudge with our elbows and say:
"Blimey! This reminds me when Eddie Murphy said 'I used to be a muslim and I can smell pork when I see it! F**k you man, Allah ackbar!'"

Share your favourite scene from TV/movie with us! It doesn't matter if we haven't seen it, your scene becomes a tips for us to actually try and get our eyes on it.

One of my favourite scenes is John Cleese in Fawlty Towers when he yells with his squeeky voice "Start you vicious bastard! Oh my god!" to his broken car and then gives it a good thrashing with a twig from a bush. I can watch that millions of times and still break out in tears from laughing.

Post 2

Evil Giraffe

If anyone has seen "The Woman in Red", then you'll remeber the scene where Charles Grodin walks in to a bar and pretends to be blind. For further elucidation, watch the film.

=B>

Post 3

The Duke of Dunstable

I remember Charles Grodin from Midnight Run with Robert DeNiro. Grodin was excellent in that, in all scenes.

Post 4

Peta

When Sally met Harry in the restaurant smiley - winkeye

Post 5

The Duke of Dunstable

Oh, the funny/dirty scene? Aye, that's a classic. But it doesn't make me hack up my interior organs like the FawltyTowers scene. I also would like to mention in the funny/dirty-section the scene from "There's something about Mary", where the hero is encouraged by a friend to, shall we say, take matters into his own hands in the bathroom, before going out on a date with Mary. Absolutely surreal scene, made me cry from laughter.

Post 6

Jimi X

I've got two from 'A Fish Called Wanda'

I roll every time I think of Kevin Kline driving that big American car in England on the right side of the road and calling the people driving on the 'correct' side @ssholes as he crashes into them.

I also love it when Kline is k-k-killed at the end of the film... I can hear those words 'I'm going to k-k-k-kill you!' and it slays me.!

No really, absolutely slays me!!

*lies on the floor, slain*

Mallrats

Post 7

The Traveller

I know, I know, most people will tell you that this movie is the worst of Kevin Smith's "Jay and Silent Bob" trilogy, but near the beginning of the film two characters (I'm horrible with names) are walking throught the mall, one walking forward and walking backward. The one walking backward is telling his friend "...you have to turn around and face the future, or face the possibility of shock and damage!"

At which point he turns quickly and with a loud CLANG! whacks his head on a piece of scaffolding someone is carrying.

I almost wet 'em.

Of course, that's one of those moments that is best when you don't see it coming, so once you've watched it twice it isn't realy funny anymore.

The Traveller
ISO-9001 Certified

Post 8

Occasional Hieroglyphic, wanderer in search of the exoteric

I mean, really, how can you have one favorite scene? I have one/two/three/many favorite scenes from many films and series. My general favorites are unexpected, subtle, so fiendishly clever that you don't even notice them the first time (hence "double-take") or just plain outrageous. Another thing I enjoy is something that goes unnoticed by the live audience, like when Basil Fawlty is apparently smelling the flower arrangement in the hall, then picks the whole arrangement up by one flower demonstrating the fact that they are just plastic and tells Connie(I think) to wash it! Should have caused the usual hysteria, but everyone missed it. Or how about dear old Inspector Clouseau dropping the dentist's case on his leg. This part of the scene causes such general hilarity that any audience then misses the next line... "It's alright, I'll set it later!"

I'm afraid I can not possibly give you all a favorite scene, therefore I appear to have disqualified myself from taking any part in this forum. In fact I suppose I had better not even post this. Hah, I didn't go to all this effort just to bin it. You'll just have to put up with it.

Post 9

nj

yes, you just remember the little moments... there's a bit in "This is Spinal Tap" where the band are chatting and describing how their drummer died - "just found after a party one day" "...yeah, the official explanation was, like, choked on vomit". "...they never found out whose it was..."

Mallrats

Post 10

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

"Hello, my name is Indigo Mantoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die".

'nuff said

~Irving

Excellent!

Post 11

Jimi X

"Stop saying that!!"

smiley - winkeye

Good one!

woody

Post 12

Hoop the Mottle

My favorite is (I'm repeating myself here,but anyway...)The scene from Broadway Danny Rose when he finds the stuttering ventriloquest has been fingered for his leaking the poor guy's name to the mob.I didn't know whether to laugh or cry it was so pathetic and funny at the same time...

Blackadder

Post 13

Mustapha

The last five minutes of Ep 6 of Blackadder goes Forth, when they're waiting in the trenches to "go over the top".

The minute the guns fall silent, you can almost hear the heartbeats getting faster.

While the others start imagining the war is over, Blackadder just starts soberly loading his revolver.

"Not even our generals are mad enough to shell their own men. They think it's far more sporting to let the Germans do it."

There is the merest possible hint of escape, but it's too late. The whistle stops and they're over the top to machine gun fire and explosions.

Fade to field of poppies. Best final episode ever, leaves MASH in the Malibu dust.

Blackadder

Post 14

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

The last episode of M*A*S*H was a bit long for my tastes. But as long as we're on the subject of my favorite series... nevermind, there's too much to chose from.

Buffy

Post 15

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Part 2 of the "17th Birthday" episode, where a demon has been reassembled to destroy all humanity. The demon is just getting started when it is distracted by a crossbow bolt thudding into its chest... Buffy is atop a table with the crossbow.

Demon: "No weapon forged by man can harm me"

Buffy: "That was then - this is now"

Buffy reaches out of shot, and shoulders a US Army bazooka

Demon looks puzzled: "What does that do?".... smiley - bigeyes

Post 16

Bob The Frog

Of course the famous "macho" scene is the "Feel lucky, Punk?", but I believe credit should be given to Capt. James T Kirk who, when asked for a heading replies: "Out there, thataway", and John Wayne in True Grit, facing Ned Pepper in the desert, advising:"Fill your hands; you son-of-a-bitch". Yes, I know they're lines rather than scenes, but the scene needs the lines to bring it to life.

Undecided

Post 17

PaleoDan

I absolutely love the animation in Monty Python and the Holy Grail where the knights have no choice but to eat the minstrels. Also, I love the final scene in Back to the Future (Part 1) where the de Lorean flies away (I really like that song).

Monty Python

Post 18

Baker

The scene in 'Holy Grail' with the rabbit guarding the cave...
"Is the monster *behind* the rabbit?"
"No, you fool, it *is* the rabbit!"

"Run away, run away!"

Undecided

Post 19

Hoop the Mottle

My favorite scene/line from "Back to The Future" "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 85 mph, you're going to see some serious sh*t."

Pulp Fiction and Braveheart

Post 20

Freaky T

How about the scene in Pulp Fiction where Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta go up to the apartment to recover the briefcase? "Say what one more time. I dare ya. I double dare ya." Every time I watch that, I burst out laughing. I'm smiling right now just thinking about it. Ah.

Okay, one more. On Braveheart, when Mel Gibson makes his speech to the army ("They may take our lives, but they'll never take...our freedom!"). Or when he yells, "Freedom," when they're torturing him at the end and the ax falls and he sees Murron and the cloth falls out of his hand. Or at the very end, when Robert the Bruce says, "You have bled with Wallace, now, bleed with me." Oh man, that is such an awesome movie.

T

Key: Complain about this post