A Conversation for Movie News from Robbie Stamp

Oh my God, NOoooooooo!!!!!

Post 101

Thin Lizzy

I liked the TV Ford. He was quite sweet, in an alien sort of way. smiley - bigeyes

Post 102

Joe Otten

OK, here goes:

Arthur: (If he will turn his hand to the craft) Jack Dee
Zaphod: Jay and Silent Bob (one head each)
Trillian: Kate Winslet (no particular reason smiley - winkeye )
Ford: Eddie Izzard

Post 103

Researcher 185550

Kate Winslet sounds quite good.

I reckon Thor should be Hulk Hogan (assuming he can act). Or Arnie smiley - winkeye.

Post 104

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Having seen French and Saunders' version of the "Harry Potter" movies, I propose that Thor should be played by Ronnie Corbett up a ladder. smiley - ok

Post 105

Researcher 185550

OOooh! Ronnie Corbett is a God! smiley - wowsmiley - wowsmiley - wow

Quite appropriate then.

Post 106

Mr. Jesse

I stick with my idea of Hugh Laurie as Arthur. I agree entirely with whoever said that Michael Palin would make a perfect Arthur (take Ken from A Fish Called Wanda and remove the stutter) but he is getting on in years and would be too old to fit the part I think. Ford is a bit trickier. Whoever played him in the TV show was good and I think that an unknown actor would do it very well. I'm a bit hesitant to add in huge, very well-known actors like Sean Connery because then it turns into "SEAN CONNERY IN the hitchiker's guide to the galaxy" with them being the focus. I do think that Richard Harris would have made a good Slartibartfast. Zaphod I think would also be done well as an unknown, because there is very much talent out there that is yet to be discovered. We need someone who knows the books and really will do their best and offer some new acting, not just the same old actors/actresses. Terry Jones as Marvin...interesting idea, I'm sure that he could pull it off. Come to think of it, this seems like a movie that all of the Pythons would be good in. John Cleese as Slartibartfast?

I guess we'll just wait to hear what Hollywood decides. (That's a scary thought).

Post 107

Baron Grim

Does anyone know if Terry Jones is doing anything with this project. Seeing how well U42 and he worked together on Starship Titanic, I hope he is involved. Especially on the writing. I think he did a good job of taking over the book when DNA got bogged down with the game. My big hope is that people who knew DNA's humour and style are involved throughout this project. I can live with almost any casting as long as it has a True Hitchhikers "flavour".

smiley - grovelsmiley - vampire
CZ

Post 108

Researcher 185550

I'm not sure, myself. I just read the Salmon of Doubt, so I should know, really smiley - doh.

Post 109

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Anybody in the UK who still don't know who Mel and Sue are, they're on Graham Norton - NOW!!! smiley - run

Post 110

Albaus

Re this comment:

>My big hope is that people who knew DNA's humour and style are involved throughout this project. I can live with almost any casting as long as it has a True Hitchhikers "flavour".

Yes indeed. I couldn't agree more.

Post 111

Chronicargonaut

Terry Jones would make a great Majikthise or Vroomfondel, along with Eric Idle. I woudn't want him to direct though.

Post 112

How about Terry Gilliam for Guide graphics? smiley - laugh

Post 113

Researcher 185550

I do like Graham Norton. He was very good when interviewed on Radio 4, I think it was.

Post 114

Thin Lizzy

Eric Idle as one of the philosophers... Like it a lot.smiley - biggrin

Post 115

...and Ken Dodd as the other one...? smiley - laugh

Post 116

Thin Lizzy

Lol, it's a good thought smiley - winkeye

Post 117

Researcher 185550

I can see it now.....

Post 118

Thin Lizzy

One philosopher doing card tricks, the other playing "The Galaxy Song". Heyyyyyyyy!

Post 119

Researcher 185550

Ah well any philosopher who can't tell jokes isn't worth the paper he's published on.

Post 120

Orion >> Chief Calculator of Temperol Dynamics >> moon moaner

I think that the monty boys can only be a good thing for this project they seem to understand DNA's low budget humor, i think they will do us proud!
there all very funny men anyway!
orion

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more