A Conversation for Six Variations of the Underground Metal Scene

What about noisecore?

Post 1

BobTheFarmer

What about noise metal, or noisecore, like Will Haven and Converge etc? Just because its my personal favourite...

What about noisecore?

Post 2

The Infinite God Emperor and Untimely Messiah of the republic of Nog, or just Infi

thats not metal dumna$$

What about noisecore?

Post 3

BobTheFarmer

What is it then, if its not metal? I think you'll find it is. Dumbass.

What about noisecore?

Post 4

The Infinite God Emperor and Untimely Messiah of the republic of Nog, or just Infi

first tell me why you think its metal, and why you think it should be included. Remember the title of my article is on variations. No wher did I state that i was covering all types of metal, or non-metal in your case.

What about noisecore?

Post 5

BobTheFarmer

Hell, I didnt say you had to include it, but you're insistence that noisecore is not metal amuses me. Its not so much me saying why it is metal, but why isnt it? They play heavily distorted downtuned guitars, scream, and yet you for some mad reason have decided that it isnt metal, when its about the most heavy metal I know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/music/muze/index.pl?site=music&action=biography&artist_id=32605

There's the BBC entry on Will Haven. Note the words 'noise METAL' in the description. Do I have to go home and link you to about a hundred noisecore websites?

WHY DON'T YOU THINK IT IS METAL?

What about noisecore?

Post 6

BobTheFarmer

Hell, I've just looked at your space, I was prepared to give you SOME credit, but you are young. I dont blame you.

What about noisecore?

Post 7

want to know why i said it wasn't metal do ya? I said it to get a rise out of you, thats all. I hope you haven't taken this all personally. Hell, I even listen to that stuff from time to time. And what do you mean by SOME credit...is it just that "Capital letters [are] always the best way of dealing with things you [don't] have a good answer to?"

What about noisecore?

Post 8

BobTheFarmer

Well then, youre a nice guy. With an attitude like yours you must have a lot of friends.

The capital letters were to emphasise the 'some', I could have done it like this too *some* if that would offend you less.

You're an odd character, methinks Ill leave you alone down here.

Hmm

Post 9

ska

Both of you seem like very wise people...

Hmm

Post 10

im not wise at all

Hmm

Post 11

ska

Pardon me then! I'll just be on my way...

ska - A212509

What about noisecore?

Post 12

KyuubiBrat

Noisecore is a type of Hardcore Punk (often shortened to Hardcore), and while it does use harsh vocals and downtuned heavy guitars this does not make it metal, noisecore is just an extremely atonal form of hardcore. If it had metal influences (like Grindcore or some Metalcore) then it would be included, however it doesnt so... yeah.

Why dont you write an article about hardcore? You could include it in that...

Key: Complain about this post