This is the Message Centre for Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Opti Does Denmark

Post 1

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

In the red corner we have a fantastic h2g2 researcher going by the name of Pierce the Pirate and in the blue corner an unknown visitor? that's right free1982. Ok while they do battle over princess Opti smiley - winkeye I'll let you into a slice of an h2g2 mini meet in Denmark.

It seems everyone that Opti knew had either gone away on holiday, was going on holiday and others were questioning where are you going Opti? This she wasn't sure of at first but soon decided that she would like to see her favourite captain in Denmark so with the plane booked she was to fly solo to Denmark.

Then disaster happened her new found bf (found through an online dating site) was hit on the m25 by a lorry. Opti wanted to run to his rescue but there wasn't anything she could do. They decided that France didn't want him to pay her a visit so he was to accompany Opti on holiday to Denmark and fortunately the Captain agreed.

On wednesday Opti couldn't resist donning her shoes and dancing one last time in her home town so that left 3 hours sleep before she drove to the airport and the couple went through the normal procedures of going through departures. On arriving free1982 (not so free anymore) spotted the Captain peering through the glass and as they waved they felt a sense of 'yay we made it'. The Captain then showed the tired two, parts of Copenhagen including the Resistance Museum, a screening of the Little Mermaid who'd swum to china to be in the Expo!damn cheek! and refreshed them with drinks before they made it to his ship 2 hours later. Both of them were knackered so kept falling asleep during the trip. smiley - blush

The next day they made it to the medieval centre and as the knights were out of town the Captain decided to have his own little battle. Of course in an h2g2 battle the unknown visitor (free 1982) wouldn't normally stand a chance but by this time he was on to winning the heart of Opti and the Captain had had too many drinks anyway so forgot that he was in a battle. smiley - bubblysmiley - tongueoutsmiley - run

Later they joined the Captains friends for more drinks who warmly welcomed them and they saw a local band play in the square too.

The next day the couple took the train to Copenhagen where upon they visited the Hans Christian Andersen museum (the best one by far is in Odense though), got caught up in the gay pride and took a site seeing bus tour to a part of the area that used to deal in drugs.

On sunday the trio journeyed to the seaside and later that day found time to make some burgers.

The last day of the journey was taken up by site seeing again. First they saw the church where the Captain lives and then they journeyed on to Copenhagen where they found a place to store their luggage. They stopped by the Slot and saw the jewels, frescoes and armoury. Even in torrential rain it was clear that they'd left the best till last. Then it was time to fly home, ok they knew the saying smiley - dontpanic but that day they both panicked as Opti had remembered the Captain suggesting there were about three airports and she was worried about turning up at the wrong one. After a frantic call to the Captain sounding very much like something from Who Wants To Be A Millionaire they made it to the airport and everything ran smoothly there after.

Opti and Free1982 would like to thank the Captain once again and if the reporter has accidentally missed out something she'd like to apologise. She is still rather tired and suggests she has been drinking smiley - redwine oops lemonade hiccup, hiccup, hiccup

Opti Does Denmark

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - wow

A good time was had by all, eh? smiley - divasmiley - bubbly *hic>

The smiley - pirate Captain lives in a church?

It's must be all the smiley - redwine, his nose can find free booze a mile away smiley - tongueoutsmiley - run

Opti Does Denmark

Post 3

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

i can only speak for myself, of course, but neither me nor my friends here (and i am sure about that) will deny that a good time was had by all - indeed the opposite was the fact smiley - ok

and i am happy to learn that opti and free1982 feel the same smiley - smiley

(of course i live in a church, lil. the church of fremantled spirits smiley - winkeye)

smiley - pirate

Opti Does Denmark

Post 4

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

more smiley - redwine vicar Pierce? smiley - winkeye

I am pleased to hear it and look forward to seeing you both in the future.

Opti Does Denmark

Post 5

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - ok

smiley - run to tell hapi i have invented yet another new religion smiley - run

smiley - pirate

Opti Does Denmark

Post 6

Reality Manipulator

Opti I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time at the minimeet.smiley - biggrin

smiley - pggbsmiley - alesmiley - bubblysmiley - redwine

Opti Does Denmark

Post 7

myk

All sounds fun/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/smiley - somersault

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more